Friday, August 3, 2018

The Rules Of Engagement Have Changed!

Yeah, so, the bog has stats and in writing this when I do, I'm hoping people are actually reading, enjoying, being annoyed, having fun with this Blog 'O Mine. So I was noticing that the views had dropped and was looking into why and that led me to go to facebook and I saw that my bog posts I did on Twitter and was set up to be retweeted to facebook, no longer was happening. So I thought maybe something was wrong with my Twitter settings and it wasn't that. I then popped into hmm something in the settings and it told me that fb had changed and that one could no longer 'retweet' to fb... So, we'll have to do this the old fashioned way and post it to fb from here. No big deal, Twitter will be losing out, though I am on the fence on dumping Twitter over fb... We'll see where this ends up...

Got into a Smashing Pumpkins 'kick' today. Was reading some articles on the 'reunion' tour... Apparently Darcy and Billy don't git along all that well these days. She was allegedly invited and then wasn't and then the words flew... They had I believed left it up to her if she might want to join them on a few selects dates here and there....
It's taken a lot for Corgan to do this. I've read many an interview with this egotistical 'genius' about "hating" to play the 'old stuff'. He shunned it for years.... I don't know what happened to Corgan. I've written before about how I have a Smashing Pumpkins show from very early in the bands years and the music was much like Billy''s 'Smashing Pumpkins' music sans Iha and Wretzky, some songs are alright, but it ain't no Smashing Pumpkins sound... So I don't know if it was much of Iha and Darcy's skills that brought us massive songs like \Rhinoceros', 'Chrub Rock' and 'Silverfuck', not to mention their bigger 'hits'. I think Billy's lost a lot of cash-o-la over the years by shunning their past works, probably disenfranchising many a fan. So yeah, it's great to see the set list is chaulk full of their older material.
I got to see the band on the 'Infinite Sadness' tour.. Was an awesome show, not the best seats, but I had won them at a Halloween party.

It's kinda odd that both Dreamkick & The Wasteland Zombies had Pumpkins/TOOL-ish, alternative  like songs. I dunno if Mike Dunn or Doug/Peter would have been influenced much by those bands and for the Zombies, Ray just had his own sound and it was Metal, but it was also different and I don't think it was his aim to sound 'Grungy, but I think the Alt-Metal suited us, more the Zombies than DK.
I didn't altogether 'ditch' Metal during the 'Grunge' years. As per usual, I was listening to music right across the board, Metal, Punk, Alternative Rock, Grunge, some Rap - Mostly through friends that were into it... AND, it wasn't 'safe' Rap, it was Geto Boys, Ice Cube, Wu-Tang... No Country, closest Country I ever liked was Dwight Yoakam and that was only select songs.... I just kinda find Country is pigeonholed itself into it's lyrical content. LOL, Maybe if there was some Black Country that was all like 'evil' horror like lyrics lol... I don't think that's happened yet..Might be a whole new niche market.....

Well was gonna write more, but my backs had it, the deep heat rub, the anti inflammatory, the pillows ain't cutting it. Too much humidity (again! I'm not complaining about the Summer heat, just the humidity!)... Rain is coming all day tomorrow, so that's an added painful bonus, feels like I got a rib sticking out of my ribcage..
Have a great weekend ya'll

Silverfuck
The Smashing Pumpkins

I hear your winter
And I hear your rain
But I've failed your summer ways
And I feel no pain

I hear what you want
And I feel that way
I hear what you want
And I feel that way

I hear you fade away
And I hear you crawl
And I gave my life away
And I feel no pain
And I feel no pain
And I feel no pain
And I feel your pain

And she was my lover so sweet
And she was my angel
What I've recovered of me
I put into a box underneath my bed

When you lie in your bed
And you lie to yourself
When you lie in your bed
And you lie to yourself
Lie
Lie

Bang bang your dead hole in your head
Bang bang your dead hole in your head
Bang bang your dead hole in your head
Bang bang your dead hole in your head

I hear what you want
And I feel that way
I hear what you want
And I feel that way

Songwriters: William Patrick Corgan
Silverfuck lyrics © Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd.

No comments:

Post a Comment