Thursday, August 23, 2018

More Blood Letting/ Owls & Aliens!

Well at least today it just took one poke and we had 3 vials full.. The bruise had just disappeared when I went back in today. AND, looks like I'll become a familiar face at the 'ol DECH blood clinic.
I have to go weekly, then bi-weekly then every month while I'm on methotrexate, which I can't start until this bloodwork is in.
Fun times ahead, but I promise you, unlike my DVLOGs that I had kept for over a year back in 2008 or whenever the hell it was, there will be no vomiting videos! Instead I'll just probably be seen in the news as I throw up all over public areas! Methotrexate is FUN!

From Wikipedia: Methotrexate (MTX), formerly known as amethopterin, is a chemotherapy agent and immune system suppressant. It is used to treat cancer, autoimmune diseases, ectopic pregnancy, and for medical abortions. Types of cancers it is used for include breast cancer, leukemia, lung cancer, lymphoma, and osteosarcoma. Types of autoimmune diseases it is used for include psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, and Crohn's disease. It can be given by mouth or by injection.

Yes, yes my friends, it is this drug that prohibits me from every having children... Most especially while I'm on the stuff, as if you read the above, it is a non-FDA approved abortion pill and even in my system if I should impregnate a lady, it would kill the fetus or severely deform it. Wonderful drugs these are... BUT, as much as some people may be happy to know that I'll never have children, I've never really planned on it anyhow.

I won't go into it's 'Side-effects', as just about every drug out there has 'side-effects'... But they are not fun, but neither are the one's for Embrel or Remicade or Humira.... With all those side-effects, many people have had great progress in diminishing their diseases.... Fun fun fun!

I found out last night, while listening to a PODcast on owls & aliens.... (Some people who have claimed to have been abducted by aliens, generally have some sort of interaction with owls and other creatures of the night)... While this PODcast was playing, the guy speaking played a sample of a horned screeching owl, erm screeching.... I heard Elsa in the living room and popped my head around the corner to catch her running like Hell under the bed for cover... despite the clip only running for about 20 seconds, she stayed under the bed for a good half an hour before she'd come out... Apparently there must be some primal animal instinct to run for cover from owls....

Give a Hoot! Don't pollute!

And watch out for the 'Greys'!


No comments:

Post a Comment