Thursday, August 16, 2018

Passing Of A Legend

One of the most powerful singing voices in the World passed away today at age 76.

While I can't even call myself a fan. Aretha Franklin's voice and powerful songs commanded the 'respect' that she sang about in 1967 and that song became an anthem on so many different levels for so many people, for so many reasons

Myself being born in the '70's but really getting into music in the 1980's, Aretha reached through each decade with amazing songs and I'd somehow always know when she had a new hit because it would be everywhere. She won a staggering 18 Grammy awards and sold over 27 Millions records as well as being the first woman to be inducted into the Rock'N'|Roll hall of fame.

All you other '80's kids cannot forget Aretha's hit single 'Pink Cadillac'

To quote lyrics from that song, "We wont' quit 'til we get to the other side".. Somehow I'm pretty sure Aretha won't even 'quit' singing on that side.

Of the songs I think I'd like the most is 1991's 'Everyday People'
Rest In Peace Queen of Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment