Thursday, August 2, 2018

Day Of Discouragement & Joy

Can't say much about the 'discouraging' news... But it's been knocked back by the release of a new single/video from Behemoth. *NOTE!: Video is NOT SAFE FOR WORK!!! So unless you want to get fired, maybe wait until lunch or the traffic ride home....

This album is going to be outstanding. Catapulting the band even further... I'm really hoping to see them in Quebec in November. I haven't seen the band before and since the release of the 'Satanist', I've been a huge fan... I actually pre-ordered the new album 'I Loved You At Your Darkest' aka 'ILYAD' today... It's released in October, but this run was limited to 666 copies all hand signed by the band, plus some other goodies. The album title is actually a quote from the bible, Romans: 5:8.

In other Metal news, I ran into drummer and all around awesome guy Chuck Wilby earlier and Moment of Interia is playing with Hero's Last Rite at the Capital August 10th. I haven't seen either band in quite some time. In fact, the last time I saw Steve from HLR was at the Moment of Interia show that I saw right after Cuba. At that show, Steve was a bit inebriated and said that since Tim Gorman left the band that the band has changed their sound somewhat and it included clean vocals... Well I thought Steve was just fucking with me... I mean Steve, singing clean?? I mean he's done it before, just not with the band as HLR... But Chuck confirmed it and I just saw a video of a new song they did and wow, it's damn cool!

As for 'other' Metal I'm digging right now, Halifax's 'Dumpster Mummy' and their new album is getting a lot of airplay at my place. I know Elsa digs it....

Haven't heard much about 'Ghost' lately. Is kinda weird, they released the album, a couple of videos, headed out on the road and really you are not hearing anything.... Leads me to think something might be up.. No word of anything on their official site or Twitter page...

It's humid as fuck and my back is killing me, also having intermittent shots of pain in my right wrist, kinda lose power in the fingers at the same time.... Oh well, at least it's not February and -40

No comments:

Post a Comment