Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Pin Cushion Chris & A Missing Kitty

Had my appointments for bloodwork and x rays of my ribs today.

As I've been known to pass out during blood letting, I'm told I have to ask for a bed, which I did (it's more comfy that way anyhow)...

Laying down, a young nurse came in, "Date of birth and your name".... 'Chris Waddell, May 25th 1972'...
"Ok, I'm going to take some blood from you Chris". 'All good!' I replied...

The young nurse, says, "Which arm do they normally take blood from?" - 'My left arm' I answer.

"ok, small pinch here" - Inserts needle into my arm. "Hmm, having trouble getting the vein"....

"ok" She says, "We'll try your other arm"... 'All good!' I replied....

Nurse goes around the gurney, fixes tourniquet on my left arm, inserts needle... 'Geez, I can't get that vein, keeps moving around...' Let me go get another nurse.... 'All good!' I replied....

New nurse comes in.... "Date of birth and your name" 'Chris Waddell, May 25th 1972'....

"So, we're having some problems getting blood?"... 'Sound like it' I replied....

Nurse fixes tourniquet on left arm again, inserts needle....' Geez, you're making me work for my money today!'... 'All good' I replied....

'Ok, well let's try your right arm'..... fixes tourniquet to my right arm... 'Geez, I just can't get this vein!... Might have to try your hand'....

'All good' I replied....

Nurse inserts needle in my backhand.... "Nope, this just isn't working out... Jeez! You really are making me work for my money, let me go get another nurse"....

'All good' I replied....

Elderly nurse comes in... No questions... Ties tourniquet to my left arm again....

Inserts needle, "There we go, we got it now"....

'All good' I replied.... 'Can I get a drink please?'....




My Brother & Sister In-laws beautiful cat 'Paya' is missing in the Fisher Ave area of Marysville... She can be super shy. Please if you see her let me know ASAP

No comments:

Post a Comment