Monday, August 27, 2018

Hereditary (SPOILER ALERT)

Just finished it! It too me several sittings... NOW, not because it's scary, but just because some films it takes me a few days to watch. What with the cat flying around the room and chores, snacks.. puff breaks... It just takes a while sometimes!

Great movie.. I don't know, when I watched the ending, I was kinda feeling, 'You know, this is how Rob Zombie's 'Lords of Salem' SHOULD have ended or something like it'... I always found the end of 'Lords of Salem' turned into some psychedelic music video and didn't make much sense.
The ending of 'Hereditary' made sense. So did the entire movie.

It was billed as 'Scarier than the Exorcist!' and rumored to be absolutely frightening. It had some great unexpected parts. 'Charlie' getting decapitated in the car, the Father catching on fire instead of the Mother... When the movie starts, 'Charlie' is such a unique child, you begin to think, 'Ok, this is the evil in this movie', but of course, thinking that, you soon find out that's all wrong.

But once the part with the Mother finding out about the witchcraft/Satanism involved and that the 'host'needed a male, I knew the Brother would survive unto the end and 'Charlie' would take over his body. Even though I deduced the end, it was still a great ending.

Between 'Lords of Salem', 'The Witch' and 'Hereditary', there is the witchcraft movie I'd like to make/see done.

I do highly recommend 'Hereditary', I'm sure you'll find it a great fright with some awesome twists and turns!

Now you want real suspense.... I'm waiting to find out why I've been called in about some recent blood work I had done... The doctor's assistant said on the phone that it wasn't 'dire'... But still....

We'll find out tomorrow! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment