Wednesday, August 8, 2018

'Messe Noire'

Well, my back has given up on me... Walked out the door it did... My X-ray for my rib-cage/back is next week, this, if you don't recall is attempt no#2. As the first time there was some miscommunication and they didn't x-ray my rib-cage, but just my back and spine... My 'stand in' nurse/practitioner had told me the x-ray would encompass all of it... She was wrong. So, I'm still in the dark about what's causing me so much discomfort and pain... With this near relentless humidity it's been getting worse and worse each day. Now instead of just starting to flare up around mid afternoon, it's going round the clock....

BUT! Today, my Behemoth 'Messe Noise' autograph bundle I ordered arrived! By tracking, up until late last night it was destined to reach me next Monday, then all of a sudden, BAM! There it was at Canada Post in Fredericton awaiting delivery today! So I'm about to dive into that! It has the entire 'The Satanist' album live from the band's hometown in Progresja, Warsaw, Poland. it also has a live show from the 'Brutal Assault' Festival in 2016 from Jaroměř, Czech Republic. PLUS! All of the videos they released from the album AND! A live CD of 'The Satanist' concert (audio from the DVD/BlueRay)
The package came with 3 signature/autographed guitar picks, a patch and the booklet for the DVD/BlueRay is autographed by Nergal, Inferno and Orion... The autograph is an actual autograph, the picks are done by the gajillions, but the guys actually signed the DVD cover, you can feel the autograph stands out from the package material.
Check it out!

Much thanks to the gang at the Behemoth Official band store. They were kind enough to send me the last remaining copy of the autographed batch of DVD's by the band.

AND! On the way home from Sobeys today, I ran into a Monarch butterfly! According to a July 14th CBC New Brunswick article this beautiful butterfly species has been in decline due to people cutting down milkweed, the rising amounts of hurricanes and cold weather.... Though it ain't cold now!!

The 'lil bugger didn't stay still long so these ain't the best pics, but matching up the colors with pics online, I'm pretty sure this was a Monarch.



It's amazing how much just a couple of degrees can make, as it's a little more bearable today. Tomorrow the daytime high is only supposed to be around +25 with the humidity around 31-35... But as I posted before, according to some scientist at Environment Canada, these hot humid temps will stick around until the end of August.

I also realized the other day that I totally screwed up. I had planned to go down to stay with Terry and Joanne Daly again this Summer and Joanne had said that the "August long weekend would be good".. Well, being the non working huemahn being I am, I figured this meant like the END of August, like the long weekend then, but Terry posted or rather 'shared' my profile photo on Facebook, which is a photo of the lake in their backyard... This made me realize they had meant THIS weekend past... So, I'm sure I'm still welcome to go down, but I had wanted to go down when Terry and Joanne were off work so I could spend time with them... I sometimes don't realize that holidays are coming up until like the Friday of the 'long weekends'.... So I don't know if I'll be heading down or not because I have a swatch of appointments right up until months end, all spread out over the coming weeks... I need to keep these appointments because my health has not been great and I'm wanting to know what's going on, as well as hopefully getting on some medicines to help me....

So, that's a bit of a bummer, as I probably won't see them until Christmas time now.

Well, time to sit back and blast some Behemoth

2 comments:

  1. Hey Baby Brother. I hope you get answers and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sis, I know you've been going through 'health Hell' yourself... Here's hoping to both of us getting a speedy resolution to our problems and onto healthier happy lives.

      Delete