Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Cats..... Plus: Fire & Ice - Some more music to check out!

I get a snack ready and have a cup of milk and since Elsa usually will hop up on me and want some and I always give, so I fill the cup and set it down beside her... Does she drink it? Nope... Nice cold glass of milk.... She's hotter than hades... So I go and sit down, set the cup down on my stand and she of course hops up and wants some now that she's seen me having it.

Speaking of cats, I was lucky to run into one of the three cats that live at a house at the very end of Aberdeen street. Don't know their names, but the gray and white long haired one wasn't too hot to come greet me today. I think if cats know you respect them, they'll come to you. Almost every cat that friends have that say, "Oh she won't come to you, she doesn't like people", usually come right to me.
I got my respect for cats as a teen when I read a story by H.P. Lovecraft. The story, called 'The Cats Of Ulthar' is a great short tale.
It's about this ancient town and one day some mysterious strangers show up, in colorful wagons, painted with all kinds of odd and mystical symbols. The strangers arrive and make camp with their wagons.
Among the strangers is a child and the child spend his days playing and toying around with a playful kitten.
Now in this town, there lived in an overgrown property with a dilapidated house an elderly couple who despised the locals as much as the locals despised them... This crotchety old couple had been known around town to kill any pet that might wander aimlessly, innocently onto their property, but since they were such mean people, none of the townsfolk ever tried to stand up to them for this horrible act.
Night came and in the morning, when the town woke up, they were greeted by the strangers, who were very angry. That night, the boy had gone to bed and in the morning his kitten was gone. The strangers had looked all morning for the kitten and it was not found. The towns people were to blame the strangers said and then a robbed stranger came forth and uttered some words aloud as he waved his hands about, the clouds took to weird formations and the World grew dark... Then, in a flash, the strangers, the boy and the colorful wagons with weird and mystical symbols were gone.

That evening as the town prepared for sleep, no one could find their cats, they'd all disappeared, the small and large, all gone! The townsfolk figured this must be a curse that the strangers had cast upon the town as revenge for the young boy who was so distraught at the loss of his pet and companion....
And as for that kitten, many folk suspected that the young kitten had got out that evening and wandered into the yard of those mean and ignorant folk that were known to kill people's pets that wandered into their yard.

That night, under a full Moon, the town slept.....

In the morning, everyone was astonished to see that all of their cats had returned, but there was something odd, the cats were lazy and fat and had the look of a full meal upon them.... It was a mystery of how they vanished and then returned...

A few townsfolk had come forward to say that that night, after the strangers left, they could have sworn they saw a huge furry gang of felines sitting around the old decrepit folks home..

Keeping an eye on the place all day, they were surprised to see no signs of life in the house of the old spiteful ones... By the next day, still no movement, no sign of life, not even the night before were there any candles seen lit in the place... So some of the stronger men, gathering their courage for once... Went to call upon the old mean folk... They pounded on the door, no reply, they rapped again and again, checked the door and it came ajar... So they ventured in, cautiously... But no living soul was to be found, but in the center of the house, near the hearth they found the bones of the old couple... cleaned to the bone, not an ounce of flesh remained and they then knew why the towns cats had disappeared and then returned looking so fat and content....

That's pretty much the end and it's a 'Reader's Digest' condensed version I give here. For the full story, check out H.P. Lovecraft's 'The Cats of Ulthar'...

Man, I had the end of this blog post all ready in my mind. I had been listening on my walk to GWAR's 'Nitro Burning Funny Bong' and I had always thought that the song was a parody of an old '70's/'80's kids toy commercial for the 'Nitro Burning Funny Cars', I thought for sure they were the bigger toys that had like a 'rip-cord' that you slid through a bunch of gears, then when you 'ripped' it out the car would take off powered by that zipper system... But I put in Google, 'Nitro burning funny car commercial and got nothing, so I tried, Nitro funny cars, toys, Mattel... and still nothing.. Was it all a dream???



 Nitro Burning Funny Bong
Gwar

[Verse 1]
Ah, sweet youth
The joys of becoming a teenage prostitute
Or, in my case, a blood-crazed gladiator
'Til I got stuck on this planet and got hooked on the weed
And the crack and the booze and the pills and the speed
And the sex and the mud and the blood and the shit
Let's all go and hit

[Chorus]
I'm talkin' 'bout the
Nitro-burnin' funny bong
Just one hit, your life goes wrong
Nitro-burnin' funny bong
Another stupid stoner song

[Verse 2]
Fat and lame
The claws have been clipped and the tiger's been tamed
By a bong and a schlong
Yes, now we have all seen how games can go wrong
Now my brain's filled with bees, my cock is diseased
Laden with pus, it hangs well past my knees
A swarm of narcotics could get me through this
My manager's gonna be pissed

[Chorus]
I'm talkin' 'bout the
Nitro-burnin' funny bong
Nitro-burnin' funny bong
Nitro-burnin' funny bong
Nitro-burnin' funny bong

Ohhh
Can you take it?
Ohhh
Do a monster
Ohhh
Can you feel it?
We won't respect you unless you get high with the boys

[Verse 3]
Now I'm old
Strapped in my cell as I cultivate mold
In the twilight of my years, I am still a drug addict
I'm sucking all night long on a ten foot bong
Moistened with lotion, wrapped in a sarong
You know I live like a king, but I act like a maggot
You know
Once was a warrior, now just a sponge
High all the time, I got a dick like a muskellunge
My glorious destiny, it turned to shit
Can I get another hit?

[Chorus]
Nitro-burnin' funny bong
Nitro-burnin' funny bong
Nitro-burnin' funny bong
Nitro-burnin' funny bong

Ohhh
Can you take it?
Ohhh
Do a monster
Ohhh
Can you feel it?
We won't respect you unless you get high with the

Nitro-burnin' funny bong
Nitro-burnin' funny bong
Nitro-burnin' funny bong
Nitro-burnin' funny bong

(Nitro-burnin' funny bong
Nitro-burnin' funny bong
Nitro-burnin' funny bong
Nitro-burnin' funny bong)

Ohhh
Can you take it?
Ohhh
Do a monster hit

Copyright GWAR The Orchard Music (on behalf of Metal Blade Records); CMRRA, and 2 Music Rights Societies - 1999

For those sweatin' it out in the heat, here's a nice 'frosty' song from 'High On Fire'

Frost Hammer
High On Fire

Dream being thrown down aloft between from the icy sky
Careful what to seek for inside the frozen mind
Permaglaze reflects this world distant to the thawed life
Frost clan blows the war horn without a fear or guise

Messiah of the glacian heir cold born to rise
Sullen boots impact upon deep the tundra ice
Glorify your greatness, sealed deal cold compromise
Catch the sun to melt these forborne galactic eyes

Plateau of Leng
Winter in veins Hammers arise
To melt through the ice
Dream being thrown down aloft from the icy sky
Careful what to seek for inside the frozen mind
Permaglaze reflects this world distant to the thawed life
Frost clan blows the war horn without a fear or guise
Messiah of the glacian heir cold born to rise
Sullen boots impact upon deep the tundra ice
Glorify your greatness, sealed deal cold compromise
Catch the sun to melt these forborne galactic eyes

Plateau of Leng
Winter in veins
Hammers arise
To melt through the ice

Sail the seas of endless night
Despotic warlord casts his blight
Sons of the north abide
Frost child of abhorrent line
Feed the serpent, drink the wine
Granite heart, unrepentant

Frost hammer
Frost hammer
Frost hammer
Frost hammer

Plateau of Leng
Winter in veins
Hammers arise
To melt through the ice

Frost hammer

Copyright High On Fire 2010 - Koch Entertainment, SME (on behalf of E1 Music); UBEM, ole (Publishing), ASCAP, and 1 Music Rights Societies

No comments:

Post a Comment