Saturday, April 14, 2018

What the FRAK!??

EDIT:
Just a note; Art Bell, creator of the talkshow 'Coast To Coast' radio has passed away at age 72.
From Wikipedia: "Arthur William Bell III (June 17, 1945 – April 13, 2018) was an American broadcaster and author. He was the founder and the original host of the paranormal-themed radio program Coast to Coast AM syndicated on hundreds of radio stations in the U.S. and Canada.[4] He also created and hosted its companion show Dreamland."

While I haven't listened to the PODcasts in many years. It was well over a decade ago that I was an avid listener and had called in to the show to talk about an 'Alien' that was posted on the Coast To Coast website. The 'alien' in question was actually sculpted by my friend Mike Fields and it is my arms and hands holding the 'alien fetus' in the photo, which appeared on the 'Coast To Coast' website. I spoke about how the object was made with SuperSculpty, a type of modelling clay used by artists.
The 'alien fetus' had appeared on the website with one of the CtoC staff posting, "Does anyone know about this??? What is it???
Here's the alien in question:
Rest In Peace Art.

( Update: - Ok, I think I've changed the settings so that anyone can post a comment. Odd thing was, when going through my settings I found that my Brother had commented on posts as well as a couple of you friends from Facebook as well. Odd, there's no notification to me about this, but like I said, I think I've fixed it now.)
 It's come to my attention that people (at least one person) cannot 'comment' on these blogs. I'm not sure why that is. The person who brought this up has a Google+ account. SO I'll check my settings and see if I can remedy the issue. Please if any of you reading today's entry, could attempt a 'comment' which is found down below.

Jebiz Crispy! It's like January out there, what the fuck!? Went to Sobeys and had I known it was -40 out I would have just stayed in.
Ok, '-40' is an exaggeration, but it's so cold my inner ears started to scream at me. The North wind, my arch enemy of Winter seems to have made a late stab at us. I was wearing a toque, but it didn't quite cover my ears. In case no one's ever noticed, I have tiny 'lil mutant ears. Seriously, 4 and 5 year old children have bigger ears than I do. I don't know if it's because of the size of my ears or if this happens to everyone, but when it's really cold and windy out and my ears are exposed I find my inner ears get very painful. I rarely (and when I say 'rarely', I mean, I can't remember the last time I had an actual headache), but when the cold gets in my inner ears, my head screams. It's so painful that when I got to the Sobeys parking lot, the wind was coming straight on and I almost actually turned around and came home. ANYTHING to stop the wind in my ears. So I grabbed what I needed and on my way out the door grabbed a napkin and ripped some pieces off to stuff in my ears.
According to the Weather Network, snow is supposed to start around 4:45PM. Yes, snow, it's April and it'll still snow. There's a freezing rain warning on for Monday into Tuesday. Unbelievable right? No, it's totally believable when you live in Canada's butthole, which you'd think being a butthole an all it'd be warm, but it couldn't be further from the truth.
Summer is coming.... Sometime. I think Wednesday it's gonna be +9, but it'll be rainy most of the week (good for getting rid of the snow), I'm fearful of how I'll fair with my back.
Friday, Dad and Riet get into town and Friday night my Brother Scott and Andrea with Dad and Riet, we're all heading out for supper then we're going to the Capital Project screening.
I was talking to Spinesplitter drummer Brian Davis yesterday and I was saying how it must be so hard to have to cut scenes from the movie. I can't imagine the pressure. I was there for several hours earlier in the week and saw the process. I'm well familiar with the editing process, but again, there is so much amazing material from amazing musicians. Whatever the end product will be, it will still be amazing and I urge any of you Frederictonians to grab your tickets for the Capital Project and check out the show THIS Friday!
Anyhoo, I'm gonna go bury my head under some warms pillows until the screamin' in my head dies down....
Artwork by: Per Øyvind Haagensen

No comments:

Post a Comment