Friday, April 20, 2018

The Capital Screening

That was a great evening! My Father and his partner got in to town and then we met up with my older Brother Scott and my sister-inlaw Andrea at the James Joyce Pub before the screening for supper and drinks.
I ran into Tim Rayne there and he came over and I introduced him to the family.

When my Dad and Riet picked me up, in the tradition of screenings, Riet brought me in a big vase of roses... Which I had to put in the bathroom because Elsa was already getting ready to make a salad out of them.

Then we popped over to the playhouse. I ran into Ciaron, Grant and Margo and then once inside, there was our drummer Glen, I didn't think any of the guys were coming to the screening. Didn't get much of a chance to talk to many people as we went up to our seats.
Photo by: Scott Waddell

I had a nice little segment in the screening, talking about my return to the city from Vancouver and just about how amazing the local music scene is and then towards the end of the documentary while showing clips of many of the bands who will be in the webseries, there was a short clip of The Wasteland Zombies playing.
My family really enjoyed the documentary, they found it very educational and inspiring. From the last edit I saw, the film had really come together and glowed with talent. Tim and everyone at Raynemaker did an amazing job.


I'll of course keep ya'll posted for dates in the Fall when the Capital Project webseries starts. Remember, like Tim said, "This was just the first 2 hours our of 10 hours of footage!"

So much thanks to Tim and the crew for everything! Everyone did such a great job representing our scene!

No comments:

Post a Comment