Tuesday, April 10, 2018

So Many Things Right Now!!

I'm elated, I'm excited, I'm on cloud nine, I'm humbled and I'm honored.

Today I went over to Tim Rayne's. For those that read the blog that are not from here, Tim Rayne is a close friend, was the station manager at the CHSR, the one who first brought up that I should resurrect the Crazy Train AND he's a film maker, the director, producer, editor of  'The Capital Project'. The documentary/movie/webseries about our wonderful music scene here in the 'Greater Fredericton Area', that's pumped out perpetually amazing talent for decades.
Today I got to see a rough cut of the film. It will have it's first screening April 20th at the Fredericton Playhouse (Tickets still available, $15!). Arthur Thompson, Tim and the whole crew did an outstanding job with this whole project and it's monumental. It's MASSIVE! AND the screening is just the beginning!

The reason why I'm so ecstatic is that I got my copy of the Capital Project 'The Soundtrack' today! The Wasteland Zombies are on vinyl!!!
I'm so proud of the band. I'm so honored that we'd not just be able to be apart of this project, but to be on the soundtrack with 23 other incredible bands from the area... I near broke down when I was telling my Dad on the phone. It's these kinds of things that help reconcile everything you've wanted to do since you were 14 years old.
To be with my good and longtime friend Grant Forsythe and Ciaron from Neighbourhood Watch and then Cusser, The Green Lung Grinders, Deep Fryer, my buds in SpineSplitter & Hero's Last Rite, such an honor AND the entire record sounds amazing!! - There's 24 bands of every genre you can think of, the bands I listed above, are on the 'Heavy -side' of the album and it's also a massive honor to be on the album with Grand Theft Bus, Property, Emotional Problems, LAPS, The Trick, Damnit, so many amazing artists! Truly an honor.

In 1992, Dreamkick was part of a local music compilation released by Jon Fiddler, who's a highly underrated local musician. He released his compilation on Compact Disc with the help from JOICO (yes the hair product company). We had two tracks on that CD and for the time, when we and a lot of other bands couldn't afford to put out a CD, it was a big deal. For the 'other' band that I'm in to be able to have been part of this history and to be on this soundtrack, it's like winning a Grammy!

So all these years later, a resurrected band, with a huge shot of youthful new musicians injected in the mix (and then us old farts, Glen and I), this is really an accomplishment for Ray Robinson, Rick Brown, Chris Storey and Rich O'Neill, the guys who wrote the original version of 'Spread Your Wings', that a track that was written 24 years ago, would have new life in a new era. Mind Blown!


The record will be available around town and available at the playhouse screening on the 20th.
I have to endlessly thank Tim and Arthur, so thank you two again, I'm so happy to have not only been part of the documentary, but to have worked on it with the crew and to have got the privilege to see today's cut, just THANK YOU!

Happy dude! 

Such an honor to have this prime real-estate on this record !

No comments:

Post a Comment