Tuesday, April 24, 2018

And This Happened....

(Had sat down to write about some of my favorite Metal bands, but got sidetracked by myself and now my back is bothering me too much to write anymore... So, it'll come later...)

Hola! ¿Cómo Estás?? Was a grandiose beautiful day today. By Noon it was already near 18°C! So I packed up some things, drink, book, smokables and went off on my way. After a good trail walk I made tracks for downtown. Stopped in KP, got me a Pepsi (it's the choice of the 'new generation' ya know - That's like an '80's Pepsi adline...) Then went to look for a bench to sit on. The river was pretty windy, so I found a big concrete block just about on the corner of Queen and Carleton Streets.
Managed to scramble up on said concrete block and pulled out my book, 'Forgotten Civilization - The Role Of Solar Outbursts In Our Past And Future' By Robert M. Schoch, Ph.D.
So there I be, sitting in the Sun, when all a sudden, I hear this woman yelling, "No Debt, No I.D. Get FREE money, RBC!!".... She's standing on the corner across the street on the corner of Carleton and Queen and is repeating this rant over and over... There was a brief pause of about 2 minutes, then she continued... Most people seem to ignore her, then, she picks up some shit on the ground and walks off... About 5 minutes after she heads off, there's 2 marked and 1 unmarked police cars that pull up, lights a blazin', not sirens... I was thinking, 'Shit, they are probably going to come at me, seeing as I'm 'on the corner' but obviously not a woman... Or who knows, from a distance where they were, I guess I coulda been anyone. But, they didn't come question me.

This reminds of me of a story, when I fist moved back to Fredericton in 2012, I decided to go for a walk, I think it was my second day in town. Sue Lawrence is a friend from back in the day and from visiting a year earlier I knew where her shop was on Queen. So, I decided I'd see Sue and get a trim of me long hairs. I went to her shop and since I was a 'walk-in', I was told it would be about an hour before someone could see me. Though Sue and I did have a good chat.
Then I left to kill time for an hour... I went over to 'Things' on Regent to check out what they had in and to talk to the owner, to see what she felt about the idea of setting up a dispensary here in town. I was a member of one in Vancouver and though expensive, they are handy for edibles (that was until I met the guy who supplied the 'edibles' for most of the shops in the Lower Mainland area).
So I'm in 'Things', yakkin' away and I sez to the lady, 'So, do you ever get harassed by the cops or anything because of what you sell here?' And she sez, 'Naww, I've been around a long time (she used to have a shop in what USED to be the Fredericton Mall), and they never even come in here". We talk about her feelings on a dispensary and like most people I had spoke to about it, she thought it was a great idea, but was unsure if the Power's That Be in Fredericton would be into it. So, finishing our convo, I began to head toward the exit. It was at this time that the door opens and not one, not two, not three, but 5 Fredericton police officers come marching in and walk past me, each looking at me, one remains at the door and when I get to it, he says, "You! hold on a minute" and then proceeds to ask a zillion billion questions.. "Who are you? Where'd you come from? How long have you been here? What do you get when you cross a chicken with a monkey? Have you ever been to sea Billy?"
I don't have any NB ID's because I had just arrived back a day ago, so he seemed satisfied with my answers and let's me go.
I kick around downtown some more and then go back to Sue's. She's not all that happy about the story I tell her. I hardly ever get approached by the cops and have done nothing wrong, so I don't care.

After gettin' my hair done, I decide to go back over to 'Things' to see if the coppers had said anything to the owner after I left. I mean, they must have come in there for some reason. Odd enough was that she had just said they never come in and then did....

So, back at 'Things', as I'm walking towards the owner, I sez, 'What in the name of Jebiz Crispy was that about?' She's laughing and said that the cops said that they followed me in because someone had told them I had just entered her store. But why? Why me? It would seem and this is what they told the 'Things' owner, that a man, with a cane, long dark hair and a beard..... Had been down on the Green (our area by the Saint John river), scaring mother's and their children, this man  had been wearing some sort of mask.... Now, I've done some weird things in my life, but NONE of them involve stalking mother's and their kids in public areas while wearing a mask.
So someone had called Fredericton's 'finest' and they had been searching for this man, which I had fit most of the description, apparently had I been a little heavier set, I woulda been in cuffs... Though I had no mask... Just the normal ugly face I carry 'round with me every day.
I heard later on when I had got in a taxi that the police had alerted the cab companies to be on the lookout for this creep with a mask and later on, in front of King's Place the creeper got in a cab and went to the Northside, the taxi somehow alerted dispatch of his passenger and the cops followed then pounced on him. That was my second day in town haha, fine welcome...

Today I did run into Ms. Margo McKenzie and then later on good pal and up and coming Blues sensation Richie Young. Oh Shit! I did run into Joe Blades! Hadn't seen Joe in ages. If ya don't know Joe Blades, ya don't know no one! Joe's one of CHSR-FM's longest running members (albeit he admitted to me, like myself, he'd not been at CHSR in about a year). Joe does a lot of work for the University Unions, he might even be head of one, not too sure on that one. But Joe also does work for concerts and stuff. One of my favorite local peeps, but I don't run into him a lot, especially lately because he's been so busy.

Just before running into Richie, The 'lady' who had been yelling about RBC, seemed to have met up with the police. As Richie and I spoke, we could see down Queen street and it looked like the cops had someone around York and Queen.

My back's now bothering me too much for writing anymore, so I'll do my favorite Metal bands blog later sometime...
Here's some 'classic Misfits'.....
The Misfits

Teenagers From Mars

We land in barren fields
On the Arizona plains
The insemination of little girls
In the middle of wet dreams
We are the angel mutants
The streets for us seduction
Our cause unjust and ancient
In this "B" film born invasion


Teenagers from Mars and we don't care
Teenagers from Mars and we don't care
Teenagers from Mars and we don't care


Well, we've seen your 3-D movies
In violent abduction
We blast your mindless structure
Inferior connection
We take your weak resistance
Throw it in your face
We need no introduction
For mass annihilation


Teenagers from Mars and we don't care
Teenagers from Mars and we don't care
Teenagers from Mars and we don't care


We need no introduction
No visas or carte blanche
Inhuman reproduction
We're here for what we want

We want, we need it, we'll take it
We want, we need it, we'll take it
We want, we need it, we'll take it
We want, we need it, we'll take it, baby


Teenagers from Mars and we don't care
Teenagers from Mars and we don't care
Teenagers from Mars and we don't care

Teenagers from Mars and we don't care
Teenagers from Mars and we don't care
Teenagers from Mars and we don't care

And we don't care
And we don't care, we don't care
We don't care, but we don't care
But we don't care
And we don't care


Get The Shot

Blackened Sun
DYING FOR A WAY OUT 
of this life in the pits of hell 
No light to chase and no god to praise 
A cycle of pain to suffer in disgrace 

Life is prison when you’re losing hope 
And you’re the falling weight no one dares to hold 
In this world I found nothing but lies 
Born a blackened sun and never meant to shine 

Now I’m going nowhere fast 

NOTHING REMAINS 
Nothing to gain 
NOTHING REMAINS 
Hatred prevails 

There ain’t no peace alone 
When you’re caught with the rope around your throat 
Agony is pulling and pulling me down 
How deep can I go in this blood soiled ground 

Born in affliction, seek no redemption 
Broken inside without a CHANCE TO RISE 
Stepped in the fire, left aside and abandonned 
Unleash the lions, I guess I’m ready to die 

Trapped in a cage where no one survives 
Piling the bodies till I lose my mind 
Misery loves me in my desperate times and still 
I’m going nowhere fast 

NOTHING REMAINS 
Nothing to gain 
NOTHING REMAINS 
Hatred prevails 

CAN’T STOP, can’t stop the pain 
It doesn’t even matter if you fight or you quit 
Can’t stop the pain 


All what we love ends buried and lifeless…

No comments:

Post a Comment