Tuesday, May 29, 2018

THE Best footage yet of the chipmunks! 'Skit' Up Close & Personal

So, I got some peanuts the other day. I had put some out and watched as both 'Skit' (Who I've found out is a female) and 'Chippy' both went right past the peanuts, they picked up bird feed all around them with 'Skit' even pushing a peanut aside to get some bird feed on the ground.

So today I put some more peanuts out and they came and got them. The next step was to get my camera as close as I could to them foraging the peanuts. I haven't seen 'Chip' around tonight, but 'Skit's' been at the food like mad. I don't give them the peanuts all the time, just as a 'treat' for my experiment in getting close to them. Once I feel they are both cool with the camera and more comfortable with me being around them, which in the last couple of days, both 'Skit' and 'Chippy' will let me pass right by them, like no more than 2/3 feet away and they don't mind. So next step will be to see if they will feed from my hand.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment