Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Dream Log |

So, this lucid dreaming project, for some lucid dreaming comes naturally, it can just happen for some people. I've read for other's it can take much time, you have to want this to happen and you have to work at it.
One of the things I've read is that one needs to make dream logs, to keep track of your dreams. Also, you need to remind yourself in the daytime that you're awake. You need to make mental notes throughout the day that you're awake. You need to ask yourself in the daytime, 'Am I awake'?'
The reasoning behind the constant reminders that you're awake is that so when you're in a dream, you'll recognize you are dreaming. You need to distinguish, reality from the dream state.

After the first night of reading, I had set up on my tablet a blank page ready so that when i woke up from a dream, I could jot it down quickly, because as we know, with the exception of some dreams, most are fleeting. Sometimes the memory of the dream is gone before you can start to think of piecing it together. That was my problem the first night. I couldn't even remember a smidget of what I woke up thinking.
It really is work. One has to go to bed thinking about dreaming, thinking about having a lucid dream, thinking that when you awake and if it's from the tail end of the dream, you have to write down all you can remember. As quick as you can and in the most detail you can remember. You'll be only doing yourself a disservice if you try to make up stuff.
So last night or rather early this morning I made some progress. I woke up from a dream and managed to remember a bit of it. It was fleeting, so it's not much.
Dream 1 - May 9th: Had a dream that Dad, Scott and Gordy (my Brother's) and I were getting ready to go somewhere.
we were in some apartment. Then all of a sudden there was a large number of people and we're gathered into a circle. Someone said all the families need to be standing with each other.
[Before the circle there was a lot more to the dream, but it's been forgotten already]

Like I said, it's not much, but it's progress. hopefully tonight I'll remember more. I did download an app made for helping induce lucid dreaming. It has a 'Dream Diary' and has timed reminders throughout the day to remind yourself you're awake. and also has Lucid Dreaming tools, 'Dreams signs'- Dream signs are used to tell you when you're dreaming - Like some people will tell themselves to look at their hand. If you look at your hand when you're awake, you can punch it or pull a finger and know you're awake. When you're dreaming and you look at your hand, maybe it'll be massive, or when you pull a finger your finger will extend like it's made of rubber.
The app also has statistics and a 'help' section with terms, suggestions and answers to questions.

I've still a long way to go. But I thought it would be cool or thought you readers might think it'd be cool to follow along on this journey... Who knows what I'll do when I start to lucid dream!


No comments:

Post a Comment