Wednesday, May 2, 2018

'Back & To The Left'

Beautiful day! +25! W00t!

Was out and aboot for the day. Went to South Paw to pick up 'Satan Kitty's' food and treats then went downtown. I usually pop in King's Place to gawk at the freaks for a while, then I made my way down to the river to check out the situation.
Water is down a bit today, but certainly not enough to take people off edge. Traffic is still snarled (which I think is great for these pompous Fredericton drivers who are always in such a hurry to get nowhere they ain't gonna eventually get to... I like watching them sit in traffic. In BIG cities, you sit in jams for half your working years. I think it does this sometimes overly smug city good to sit and stir in their own automobiles!)...

Rain is coming soon, they say, and they also 'say' that we've got thunderstorms coming... I ain't holding my breath, when I get worked up that a storms coming it usually turns into a dud. So fingers crossed. We already had a storm last month, was odd to see thunder while snow was still about.

Here's today's vid:

'Back & To The Left' - I dunno where I found 'Texas Is The Reason', but they was a band from New York City. yeah, I think it mighta been when Napster was around and I was just browsing through different bands and stumbled upon them... Awesome Post-Punk/Hardcore band. They were one of those acts that kicked ass, but didn't catch on, then they did this LAST tour before they broke up and everyone came out to see them... That's gotta suck a bit.
Check 'em out:
Texas Is The Reason - A Jack With One Eye

You´re not telling me nothing that I haven´t (2x)
Heard before 
Nothing that I haven't

You´ll have to try harder than that 
You´ll have to dig deeper than that
Reminds me of myself

You´ll have to try harder than that 
You´ll have to dig deeper than that
Reminds me of yourself

You can´t hold your breath when you talk 
Try not to let sound slip by 
I come from inside you
Raise it up so I can see 
Just what you´re doing to me 
Do you even know why? 

You can't hold your breath when you (vĂ¡rias vezes)
You can't hold your breath when you talk

Your place is still at the heart of my everything (and I gotta let you know?)

I love bands that have 'epic' songs. The songs that are long (Tim Rayne chastises me frequently that The Wasteland Zombies songs are too long)... But I dig that. I love songs that have a lot of meat to 'em. Songs that have great crescendo's and soundscapes.

A band that isn't like that and is also no longer functional, The Deadlights were from Long Beach California.
Well holy, I had no idea until fact checking on The Deadlights that their singer 'Duke' Williams had passed away. That sucks, he was a cool cat.
I think they only managed to get out one album. 'Sweet Oblivion' was the 'single' and most known of their songs. They had some pretty hardcore music, then they'd have songs like 'Sweet Oblivion'

The Deadlights - Sweet Oblivion
Sweet Oblivion

Sweet oblivion 
Don't leave me waiting too long 
Once we were a tease 
We had everything we could ask for, here in your cold embrace 
There is no distance or time 
But in such sweet solitude 
My pain starts to fade away 

Meet me in the bathroom and I'll show you everything 
I'll give you something that you can belive in 
You kept me waiting 
Waiting for oh so long 
Don't leave me standing here

Sweet oblivion 
Don't leave me waiting too long 
Cuz when I lost my mind 
You're the only one I could 
turn to Perpetuate, but I'd be wasting my time 
I've finally realized you're the only on that I needed

Meet me in the bathroom and I'll show you everything 
I'll give you something that you can believe in 
You kept me waiting 
Waiting for oh so long 
Don't leave me standing here 
All this filth and disease that brought us all to our knees, but the faithful will keep holding on 
When all that they're living for is gone 
to never see the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment