Saturday, January 12, 2019

"Who Is That?"

So after a hard day of constructing the shelf unit and carting stuff around, I didn't feel like making supper and ordered a 'zza from Greco.
The place is right down the street, but at -22°C I ain't going NOWHERE!

The delivery guy is always the same dude. He's an older gentleman and he's gotta be at least 6'4 maybe 6'6... So I'm done paying and he says, "Who is that?" and points across my kitchen to the wall.

Now on this wall is a bunch of stuff, a white board with all my 'To Do' stuff and gig posters, a calendar, and this:

So, seeing as he asked, "Who is that?" I assumed that he meant the photo of Jessy And Peter Wyman, so I pointed at their photo and said, 'Who them?' and he, still pointing, says, "No, that"

So I'm gathering the 'Pushead' sculpture and lol I know this won't be an easy explanation, so I tell it like it is...

'That', I say, 'Is a sculpture by an artist named 'Pushead, he does a lot of artwork for bands like Metallica, Rush and others....'

The delivery guy just stares at it, turns his head and goes for the door... I burst out laughing and said,
'Hey, you asked'....

This is why I don't have a lot of guests over... I got a lot of weird shit!

How many of you have ever seen one of these?

That my friends is an Ithaqua (the Wind-Walker or the Wendigo) is a fictional character in the Cthulhu Mythos of H. P. Lovecraft. The titular creature debuted in August Derleth's short story "Ithaqua", which was based on Algernon Blackwood's tale The Wendigo. It controls snow, ice and cold, and can walk through the sky as easily as it walks on earth.

I've always tried and liked to collect stuff other people don't have. Not to be 'cool', just because I like the strange, bizarre and shocking.
I dunno who you can blame for that... Though I've blamed Dad and Mom for the 'knick-knack' collecting, as both had loads of stuff all over the house, all kinds of curiosities and just stuff that kinda said who they were...
And as the legendary Dave Brockie once sang:
Too Much Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment