Tuesday, January 8, 2019

John's Arrived!!

W00t!

Ha! Courier dude probably wasn't interested in seeing me in just a towel, but hey, I didn't expect John to arrive until like Thursday!

The John Garcia & The Band Of Gold album is here! Think back a few weeks ago, just about a week before Christmas I had written about the lead singer from KYUSS, one of my most influential bands next to Iron Maiden and Faith No More.

I'm not sure if John writes all the music as well as singing, but the material is just kick ass! John's voice is like honey poured right into my ears and the riffs and hooks abound like Josh Homme, Scott Reeder (But Nick Oliveri was first) and Brant Bjork were all right there in the studio with Garcia.

Credits say that all music is by John Garcia, so there's my answer.. The man is a genius. You think back to the KYUSS albums and the absolute wonder of those songs... That these guys ended up breaking up just as they peaked, what they could've done if they had stayed together... I wonder...

Anyhow! Do yourself a favor... BUY this album! It won't disappoint! If you like the 'Stoner Rock' or the 'Desert Rock' or the Rock Rock, this album is for you!
I mean, not THIS album, like the one I own... Go get your own! Because mine's not coming off the turntable for a long long time!

I ordered the T-Shirt bundle!
The album cover graphic is on the back of the shirt

A 'storm' is coming.. Maybe, maybe up to 25cm of snow! I've been jonesing for chocolate cake, so after I meet with someone here at 1:30, I'm off to go get me sum!! I ain't had no chocolate cake since like the week before Xmas and the M&M's and Sour Patch Kids are just a whole other addiction altogether!!
So tomorrow, while the city digs itself out, I will be pigging myself out!

Myum!
Can't believe they have such tiny photo's of their best product!

Enjoy the snow and enjoy your day! Only 52 days left until Spring!

1 comment: