Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Thar's A Storm A Comin'!

SOUNDS, sounds like this could be a whopper! New from Environment Canada came this 'Special Weather Statement':
"3:51 PM AST Wednesday 16 January 2019
Special weather statement in effect for:

Fredericton and Southern York County
Winter Storm expected to bring major impacts to region Sunday and Sunday night.

A low pressure system will approach the region from the southwest on Sunday and track across the Maritimes as a large winter storm Sunday night. While it is difficult to give details this far in advance, all indications show a major snowfall event for areas north of the track of the low, a major rainfall event south of the track of the low, and significant amounts of snow, rain and potential for an extended freezing rain event near the track of the low. The precipitation will be accompanied by very strong east to northeast winds ahead of the low's track, shifting to very strong southerly winds south of its track.

Snowfall amounts north of the low's track of 30 cm or higher are possible. Rainfall amounts south of the track in excess of 50 mm are possible. At this time potential tracks of this system range from central New Brunswick to the Atlantic Coast of Nova Scotia. Because the track of the low will be critical in determining how much snow, rain or freezing rain any location will get, even a slight shift in its track will have major effects on the type and amount of precipitation received.

Details should become more clear over the next couple of days as the system gradually develops over the southern U.S."

Soooo looks like Friday and Saturday will be stock up with supplies day! 'Bout time we got a good wallop!
Freakin 'polar vortex' has us in it's icy grasp for the last few days.... Tonight's low is just about -30°C tonight!

Jeez, Temperatures Saturday and Sunday, with the windchills are like -20! That's the daytime HIGH! And Sunday too.. LOL SO. Looks like the plan will be on Friday, I'll have to ensure I've get everything I'll need to get through until like Tuesday or Wednesday! FUCK WINTER!!

How many days??? 44! 44 Days until Spring... I can do this... I know I can! Maybe I need to get some sand and a palm tree for my living room LOL..

Oh Speaking of hot sunny climes... Since like the Fall, NB Power, our Provincial power supplier was sending me these 'notices', they like compare your home to other homes in your area. Both those that are 'normal' homes and those that are optimized for Winter (They are doing all the 'right' things to keep their heating costs down)...
Usually I've been like below both.. I don't know how they can make these claims, for instance, my apartment is nothing like my neighbors place and still nothing like what the guys next door had... So how they can 'compare' when we all have such different domiciles... Anyhow.. THIS month, I was actually BETTER than both the optimized and the 'normal' homes haha and I didn't even do a fuckin thing... Hurray for me!

Buddle up fuckerz! It's gonna get frigid!


No comments:

Post a Comment