Thursday, January 10, 2019

Elsa Is NOT Impressed


Elsa is not impressed I'm wearing my cowboy hat..... WHAT????? Chris has a cowboy hat??? Why in the name of Satan's buttocks would he have a cowboy hat???

Ok, but you asked for it... You should know by now that any questions asked of me, usually have a story behind them...

In 1995? Maybe 1996... Toby, our boss at Lindala Make Up Effects in Vancouver, while on our hiatus from X-Files and Millennium took on a pilot for a kid's TV program in Edmonton, Alberta. It was called 'Why? TV' not to be confused with the Y/tv channel of the day.. This had a time traveling alien (which we designed, created and did the puppet work for), who had a huemahn passenger on his spaceship and they went all over the place 'answering questions'... 'Why this? Why that?'

For ya'll that don't know, Alberta is 'Wild Rose Country', oil, rodeo and redneck Province of Canuckia.

So Mike, Toby, Myself and our Newfie compatriot Roy Macgreggor all jetted to Edmonton, where we were received like royalty.
The studio we shot at was the former home of the legendary Canadian comedy show 'SCTV' where Eugene Levy, John Candy, Martin Short and Catherine O'hara made their careers in comedy blossom and mature before being whisked off to the US for bigger more lucrative jobs... But to film in the same studio they had, to walk those halls with all their photo's, larger than life, was really moving....

We got along great with most of the staff... MOST... But there were a few guys there that took exception to my long hair and made hushed comments and giggles about it...(which wasn't even half as long as it is now)... So after a few days of this bullshit from these immature redneck yolkals... We had gone to the World famous West Edmonton Mall, and there, I saw a leather shop, that made saddles, trenchcoats, leather jackets and... authentic, Alberta cowboy hats... So, I bought one! It's actually beaver pelt, not horse or cow leather... I wore it around the studio and the chitter chatter ceased....
I've rarely worn it... I was saying in our Saturday group chat the other night that there's just some thing's that short people like me can't pull off and those are, trenchcoats, cowboy boots and cowboy hats... You just end up looking like some sawed off runt lol...

So yeah! I gotta cowboy hat....

Wanna make somethin' of it? Bub!

And JESUS Christ Monkeyballs!!! ANOTHER John Garcia find!!! FUCK me! 2017, he released 'The Coyote Who Spoke In Tongues'... I saw it on my download list and it was a lot slower than the new album and the 2014 release... I saw the track list and noted it had a bunch of KYUSS songs on it, so A: I thought they might be live... Cool.. I guess or B: It was redone versions of these classic songs.

So of course The Wasteland Zombies was known to end all of our shows with KYUSS' 'Green Machine'... This album 'The Coyote Who Spoke In Tongues' has finished downloading... I'm listening to the tracks.. The first being an acoustic rendition of a song on his 2014 release and then this acoustic track starts.. It says it's 'Green Machine', but it don't sound like 'Green Machine' That song is heavy as FUCK, but this is acoustic and it IS 'Green Machine' and it fucking rules!! I sent Chris Galbraith an angry FB Messenger note demanding to know why he'd never told me about this album (I know in truth he'd probably had no more of an idea of it's existence than I did, but if I was gonna lay the blame, I might as well put it on another 'Chris')...

So glad I got these albums...lol Now i'm gonna have to get them on vinyl Damn it!
Check this shit out!

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the Song "signs". Everywhere a sign.
    OBTW, thanks for the beaver shot LOL

    ReplyDelete