Monday, January 14, 2019

Un-Frikin-Believable!

After posting that last Blog. I began a search for my Birth Certificate, I was not in high hopes of finding it. I got paperwork everywhere for nearly everything... But as I pulled out a drawer, there they were! Both my long form certificate and the short form one!

So, I hummed and fumed for a couple minutes over trucking back downtown... It's fucking cold, it's fucking icy.... But fuckit! ha! 'But fuckit!,... I called a cab and went back downtown.

I was telling the cabbie on the way downtown about today's adventure and my surprise at the fact that SNB was void of people... I had NO hopes that would be the same when I got back there. NO way was it going to be empty. I had been there around Noon and MAYBE all the people were on lunch, like all the people who would show up to get whatever documents they needed or drivers tests.... I had lucked out... That was not going to happen again, but I prepared myself mentally for a long wait at SNB.

So I walked in from the doors off of Queen Street and as I walked it.... The place was EMPTY! It's a fucking Christmas miracle!

When I got the reception desk, I said to the lady, 'What the hell? There's no on.....' "SHHHHHHH" She says, laughing..." Yes, its been totally quiet today, so don't ruin it"... I zipped my mouth!

Got my photo done.. I have no idea how stupid I looked, but hey, that's what ID's are for, you get to show your friends how 'bad' or 'good' your ID pic is... Who knows how mine will turn out!

Got about a week wait for it in the mail. For some reason I think they did them right there now, but she said it would be about a week, they say two weeks, just to give a buffer.

So good! I'll have photo ID, next up, have to get my passport renewed. Not going anywhere until 2020, at least nothing planned.
I figured I HAD to get my NB ID done today. I have stuff coming from Wish.com and even though it's not supposed to show up until maybe the first week of February, ya never know with Wish. I did find my BC ID, it doesn't have of course this address on it, but it is photo ID. So hopefully IF something should show up and I miss the delivery at the door, I'll still be able to use some kind of ID and my utility bills to pick up the parcel..

Yay! Now I don't have to go anywhere... For maybe the week!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, good for you. Glad it went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least you only had to use the spacesuit once. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you only had to wear the space suit once. :-)

    ReplyDelete