Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Whoops forgot to put a title

This just came back to me. At the benefit I ran into Daniel Monteith. The Monteith Brothers are awesome guys. Brothers that grew up close in age to one-another and are super awesomely talented. I've raved about these guys a few times.
After I moved back I had met these two dudes at a local show (where else?), might have even been an All-Ages show because I think Daniel was still in high school... Anyhow, as I began talking to them and then seeing them play as a band, in other bands and busking it became quite clear how talented these two guys are and they are really just starting out.
I had not seen Daniel or Sean in a long time. I think maybe the last time might have been at Freedom 'Fest or When we played a show with them at the Boisetown arena. The guys in that time have completed another excursion into Ontario and Quebec and from Daniel says it went quite well. Coming back a second time of course they had all the people who enjoyed their first tour into those two provinces.
So at the benefit Daniel and I are standing around talking to some people and he says, "You know, Chris, my brother and I sit around and talk about you, quite frequently"... I don't remember all else what he said, but he was saying that there should be some kind of  'Chris Waddell' music award, that they both really admired my integrity with the music scene. Trying to swell an already swelled head.

I am sad that I can't give to the scene what I was and even then I felt I wasn't doing enough. But I just had too much going. I was spinning a lot of plates all at once and I had to give in. I'm very proud of what I did do in that time. The radio show, the contacts and interviews, new amazing music I got to hear and see, the friends and connections I got to make, the fun of doing a radio show. The music director job at the station and just really being part of CHSR and being able to give back to them, what they had given to me since I was around 13 years old. It was my pleasure but it was a lot of work, the music MD job and the radio show.
And the band. I'm super happy with what we accomplished and though we won't be likely playing live anymore, what we're going to do. As the plan is to record and album, have it released and then wrap it up. I don't want any loose ends at least not for me or for Glen and I think he agrees with me.
Though I did get in trouble with my own mouth and I've asked for forgiveness from those whom it was aimed at and I think they forgive me, we did really well again. I had blast every show we did, I loved every band we shared the bill with, it was great to see old fans again and make new ones/

When I started talkin to the guys about doing Wasteland Zombies reunion shows, it took some convincing. But being out and about more than the guys, when I moved back I was running into people who knew who we were, may not have been around when we were, my never had heard us but knew who we were. Then there were those who had seen us and really remembered who we were.
We we're Dreamkick? No, almost furthest thing from it. Sadly, because I'm such an idiot and hardheaded, I and the guys decided that we wouldn't play what people wanted to hear, but what we liked, what we were listening to, Ray Robinson and I are Heavy Metal music listeners, to old and the newest stuff, probably more so, but whether it was KYUSS or it was early Pantera, we were playing stuff that was ABOUT to become popular, but the bar scene still wanted to hear the 'Classics' and that's fine but we wanted to do something different and to be honest, that did handicap us a bit.
And I think in the first era of the band we accomplished that and I think coming back we did it again in this era.

Anyhow, these last 4/5 years have been a blast and I wouldn't change how I did a thing or how they turned out.

Check out this video by a friend of mine's band from London, Engerland!
The band's called 'Vatican Romp'

Oh and here's a Halloween video for ya's:
You can read up on it's history after! Jimmy Page, Marianne Faithful and even Charles Manson's Tex Watson appear in this 'silent' film.

1 comment:

  1. It appears that I am going to have to catch up on what my Baby Brother is doing by reading his blog.

    ReplyDelete