Thursday, October 25, 2018

Some pre Halloween music

I'm not a big fan of TV these days. Be that Netflix or whatever... I watch movies, the oldest movies, old movies, movies I grew up on to movies recently released...

But a few years ago, one series caught my eyes, American Horror Story - Season 4 - Freak Show....

Rewind... I was maybe 12/13 when I UNB student who rented a room at our large house off Waterloo Row took me to see the 1932 film, '|Freaks'..... This movie, that used 100% special fx make up free 'freaks' at first, because i was a child, I laughed at the geeks and pinheads.. But as the film went on, I grew to understand, THESE were not made up people, these were REAL people who had lived...

The movie is a lesson on not looking down on those who may be 'different' from you, a lesson I'd learned a lot through life and carry through to this day. I treat each and every person the same, rich, poor, lame or physically fit... In the end, we're all 'freaks'..... 'Huemahns' I call us, because I think our entire planet doesn't deserve to be called 'human'...

So, American Horror Story 'Freak Show' hails back to the days of circus sideshows and the 'freaks' they employed... Each episode is so well done, with SOME real life folk who are unfortunate... Even more unfortunate is that the character 'Meep', who is killed in the show, was actually killed in real life while crossing the street and was hit in the head by a car mirror (so it's said).
'Meep' also appeared in the fan made Mr. Bungle video for 'Retrovertigo'...
At the station I couldn't talk about the episodes because Bondo (the station manager) is terrified of clowns and American Horror Story had one of the best evil looking clowns in decades.

Jessica Lange does an amazing job as the 'leader' of this 'Freak Show'... and sings a couple of songs, David Bowie's 'Life on Mars' and Lana Del Ray's 'Gods & Monsters' (Don't worry the video isn't scary, the music isn't 'crazy METAL'.... But there's a 'Halloween-ish' atmosphere to it,.,,



AHS' 'Meep' in Mr. Bungle's 'Retrovertigo'

Until 'Hallows Eve', each night some more frightening music videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment