Wednesday, October 10, 2018

'Buddy' Is BACK!!

So, yeah, much to my dismay, Buddy the chipmunk has been MIA for many days now. The 'other' chipmunks ain't no 'Buddy'.... Monday I was sitting at the picnic table and was waiting for the chipmunks to come and get sunflower seeds and one came at me so quick, all I saw was this thing dart up my leg, which startled me, it zipped across my lap, onto the table and took off, because it gave me such a start!
None of them would really let me pet them like Buddy and even Buddy's 'brother', would sometimes be quite skittish around me.

Today I did not see one chipmunk, not a sign of them. Around 5 pm I went out to my 'Shack Out Back' for a puff and shelter from the rain. I was standing there and looked out and saw a chipmunk sitting on the back of one of the chairs for the sun table. I wondered, 'Is this Buddy?'... I called to it and put down some sunflower seeds at my feet in the shack... After a few moments the chipmunk came over and seemed quite comfortable with me... I wondered again... Then this chipmunk, having filled it's cheeks with seeds, took off.... Now, all the 'other' chipmunks went either under the garage or they quickly went under the fence and have homes on the bank behind the house... This one actually went straight out to where Buddy had his dens in my backyard... Except, it went down a different... new hole I had not seen or known of.... Could this be Buddy???

I waited... then up came the chipmunk from the hole and it went back up onto the back of the lawn chairs.... What this chipmunk did next, I knew without a doubt that it was Buddy!

So happy to see Buddy's alive and well! Hopefully see him again soon before they settle down for Winter sleepies.

My apologies about the profanities.... Hate those damn tree rats!

No comments:

Post a Comment