Thursday, October 4, 2018

Damn My Right Foot



Had errands to do today.. Haven't been feeling well already, I stepped on onto the driveway and my metatarsal heads (MT heads) in the center of my foot felt like a nail was through it... Maybe even a spike and the stayed with me through the whole outing. If I had some patience I'd use this poor excuse of a transit system in this city. But when I can walk somewhere quicker than the bus could ever dream of, yeah, I'm walking. It's painful but I got to keep moving. I'm like Forrest Gump (in more ways than one).

I recall startling the 'new' physio therapist I had a Burnaby hospital out patient physio program by rattling off the areas of my foot that were bothering me by their medical abbreviated terms... She had not been told I was one of the programs longest running patients.
(I know I've written about the following before)
I began physio therapy there, the hospital was a block from my house, in 2000 and continued sometimes 3 days a week until I moved back here in 2012. I had been there longer then two of the team lead physios. My first physiotherapist was the one who got me diagnosed. She couldn't understand why I was on the waiting list with no listed injury, but the referral was 'urgent' from my GP. When she saw me she was again at a loss as to why I had not been sent to a rheumatologist... I had seen a podiatrist and I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but his accent was so thick in Asian that neither my room mate who accompanied me nor I could figure out what he had thought the problem was and left us all questioning, What was "sporadic arthritis"? Which of course turned out to be psoriatic arthritis.
I did have a vacation from physio during one of the election periods between 2000 and 2012. The Liberals made cuts and the hospital had to 'cut' our systemic disease physio program... Myself and several other patients, plus some old patients I kept in touch with wrote to the government and told them how important that physio program is to us and denying us that program was causing harm to our quality of life... They finally found a means to get us up and running again.
I learned soooo much at physio and got so much help. Owe them my life.

Got some sunflower seeds today! Came home, got a cup and sat down on the front steps and it wasn't long before the chipmunk I call 'Buddy's brother' showed up. He came up the steps and took bird seed from my hand. Got his fill, then took off.
So I took a small handful and went out back and was waiting on Buddy to show up, he's actually been MIA for two days, so there is a possibility that he's either dead or been run off, mind you I haven't seen any of the chipmunks come in or out of his den....\
Anyhow, I look around the corner at my steps, where I left the cup with some seeds in it and there's one of the young chipmunks, ass up in the air, head down in the cup taking seeds. They must have a strong sense of smell. It had only been minutes that I was out there with sunflower seeds for the very first time.
Hopefully Buddy comes back around, his Brother is warming up to me, but we're still quite a ways to how comfortable Buddy was with me. The chipmunks will soon be heading to sleep.

I saw a dove at my feeder today, well I've seen it on the fence a few times.. I gotta say, what a dumbass looking bird. They look about as smart as rocks... Seriously, they way the cock their heads and look around, it's like they haven't figured anything out about the world they are in...


Just under two weeks until marijuana is legal in Canada!

Just saw the other day that we will be able to fly anywhere in |Canada with I believe 30 grams of pot! Crazy! I mean, I had 'heard' through some source that OBVIOUSLY pre-legalization that they don't condone it, but people have got away with putting pot in the stowed luggage, that airport security's are looking for 'other' items and that weed is kinda low on the list...

I got to thinking and I'd bet anything that in the first year or more of legalization that we'll see many a Canadian being arrested at many airport security checkpoints with pot. Especially those flying to warmer climes... But just because it's legal in Canuckia, again, 'OBVIOUSLY' does NOT mean you can jet around the World with it... EVEN if it's 'medicinal'.... And I'm also betting those countries will no doubt be on extra alert for those Canuckians trying to get some green along with their vacation...

Don't be a dumb pothead!


The Size Of A Cow
The Wonder Stuff

Don't you think it's funny that nothing's what it seems
When you're not looking forward?
Me, I'd like to think life is like a drink
And I'm hoping that it tastes like bourbon

You know that I've been drunk a thousand times
And these should be the best days of my life
Life, it's not what I thought it was

Damn blast, look at my past
I'm ripping up my feet over broken glass
I said, Oh wow, look at me now
I'm building up my problems to the size of a cow

The size of a cow

You know it would be strange to live life in a cage
And only believe the things you see that are written on the page
How easy would it be home in time for tea
And stop feeling like a sailboat rocking on the sea

You know that it's been sunk a thousand times
And these should be the best days of my life

Life, it's not what I thought it was

Damn blast, look at my past
I'm ripping up my feet over broken glass
I said, Oh wow, look at me now
I'm building up my problems to the size of a cow

The size of a cow

The size of a cow

You know that I've been drunk a thousand times
And these should be the best days of my life

Damn blast, look at my past
I'm ripping up my feet over broken glass
I said, Oh wow, look at me now
I'm building up my problems to the size of a cow
The size of a cow

Damn blast, look at my past
I'm ripping up my feet over broken glass
I said, Oh wow, look at me now
I'm building up my problems to the size of a cow

The size of a cow
The size of a cow

Songwriters: Malcolm Roy Treece / Martin Bell / Martin Richard Gilks / Miles Stephen Hunt / Paul Clifford / Robert Jones
Size of a Cow lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

No comments:

Post a Comment