Monday, October 15, 2018

Some Choice Photos From the Benefit

Wanted to add, the shirt I'm wearing, all but concealed by my hair, is an old 'Awake By Sunday' shirt that Donnie sent me when I lived in Vancouver. He had got a hold of me after years of not being in touch, as I hadn't probably seen him since we had played some shows together, with his band back then and Dreamkick. But he was in this "wicked new band called 'Awake By Sunday'" and he was telling them all about them and then asked for my address and sent me out a shirt. I've always been wearing it through the years and got to see them play when I was back for a visit. Galbraith and I saw them at Mama's Pub on the city's North side. But yeah, it's been one of my favorite shirts, mostly because I really love the band name.

Chris Galbraith, he's the man. I'm telling ya, since Dreamkick into the Wasteland Zombies, Chris was always like a 5th or 6th member (depending on how many were in the band) has always been there as support, as help, as roadie, as 'tour' manager, babysitter, Photographer, videographer, director and most of all a valued friend.
Chris and I, we've seen some things... Chris, Peter and I, we've seen some more things!

So it was actually really special that Chris was at the benefit because he introduced for the first time, his son to the World of live Rock music! It was pretty cool that he got to see us, sounded like he liked it, but from what Chris says, it seems he's more into DJing club mixes than Rock right now. And ain't nothing wrong with that, I feel if children are exposed to all kinds of music and books, it can't possibly harm them (Just please, don't let your kids watch music videos... Some of them are really nasty).

Anyhow! Chris got some great shots of all the bands (though I only have ours), but we'll start out here..

 Jaime Rockin' out with the Marshall's
 Jake as always, shattering ribcages!
 Hate those instrument mics...
 Standard look on my face on stage

 Ray probably waiting for me to shut my mouth
 Good thing I can become a human tripod
 Otherwise I wouildn't be doing this..
 And then a violent wind came up upon the stage!
 Was like walking in a hurricane!
 Jake hammering his bass whilst Jamie shreds
 Said it before, but it was great to have Ray join us...
 Ray soloin'




 After show interview...
 LOL, we're all kinda lookin at Glen like, "What's he talking about??"

Good 'ol Glenny always with the faces!

All pix by Chris Galbraith

Thanks bud! You always do an awesome job!

3 comments:

  1. Thanx for all the kind words and yes Rowan very much enjoyed the show

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome man. Love the pics, Mr. Galbraith did an awesome job taking them. :-)

    ReplyDelete