Saturday, October 27, 2018

Dad's Visit & New Art

Dad and I went out for supper last night at Rusti.Co with my older Brother Scott and Andrea. This is a newer restaurant in Fredericton and has wood fired ovens and make pretty decent pizza.

This morning Dad and I had breakfast at the market. On our way out two kinda rough lookin dudes were setting up some 'artwork', paintings off the sidewalk and one of the paintings caught my eye... So I as I was about to ask the guy, 'how much', I noticed this painting had some holes in the canvas. And I said, 'That one's cool, but it's got some rips in the canvas'.. The guy said, "yeah I found that canvas like that and decided to use it anyhow"... I like the skulls, oh the guy asked me if I wanted him to autograph it, so I said 'sure'.... To be honest, and especially the other paintings... This guy didn't look like the type who'd paint landscapes and then do some offshoot skull themed painting... Maybe i'm wrong, but it almost felt like these paintings might be 'hot'....


This evening Dad and I went over to Scott & Andrea's for supper. Scott made homemade beans, with fresh baked brown bread (Not by Scott) and pie for dessert.

Tomorrow we're off to Saint John to see Gord et all.

Tonight it's started freezing rain, then hail, then snow, then freezing rain.. Winds are supposed to pick up and be quite a nite. Roads should be good by tomorrow morning for our trip to SJ.

Tonight, I'm watching a 'Chris Waddell Halloween' staple horror movie.

1989's 'The Church' is not a completely a Dario Argento film, it's directed by Michele Soavi. It's one of my favorite horror movies of all time. A little side fact is that Asia Argento appears in the movie. She's maybe 14/15, if that. She's actually a year younger than I.

If you've never seen 'The Church'... find it and watch it! A little dated now, but it's still a fav...

Be careful out there local friends, it's gonna get a little crazy weather-wise this eve!


2 comments: