Friday, November 23, 2018

This Just Ain't Right

-11....-20 with the windchill added in!

OK, I know we're in Canada.. but we've been pampered, at least here for the last many years that I've been back we've had long Falls with no real snow coming until late December early January, but temperatures, with the windchill factored in getting down to -20's and close to 30's... I don't recall weather like this before... Just fugly... Really freakin' fugly!

BUT, 'milder' more seasonable temperatures are on the way. From Saturday, through into mid next week (as far as the 7 day forecast goes), it looks not too bad... I only left the house today for a quick hobble up to The Goody Shop to grab some pop, but that's been it. I keep an eye on the forecast and if the weather is not agreeable to me, I'll try to prep a few days in advance to not have to leave the house for any reason... I did have bloodwork this week, so that can't be helped, but after that I was and am prepared to be done until the weather smartens up.

[UPDATE: Had not seen Tim and Natalie in a LONG time, While we had random encounters on the street since I had spent time with Tim and the Raynemaker crew on the houseboat this past Summer, we hadn't really talked in a long long time. So I had a hold of him this week and we agreed we'd talk today. So I called him earlier and we talked about getting together, maybe on the weekend or hopefully next week... I had put the phone down and was just getting read to prep supper when the phone rang, "Have you started making supper yet?" Tim asked, I turned off the oven, 'Nope' I said, "Hold tight I'm coming to get ya, we'll have supper over here"....
Was great to see them all, Hayden growing like a weed (aha, I remember 'older' folks talking about us when we were young tykes and tots). Mile's (I embarrassingly called him 'Milo') can scoot around the house like lightning, crawlin' like Spiderman!
Tim, and most of our friends and associates are music and filmophiles, so we always talk about any new stuff, always talk about old stuff and always have really great conversations. Both Tim and I love to talk (anyone who has done or does radio does)... And we're always super passionate about who, what and why  we love what we do.
What can I say, we're passionate people. Tim et all are doing really well. Tim's shut away editing 'The Capital Project' and I'm never, ever not excited for him and the crew.
Was great to see them.

I wondered how 'Buddy' is fairing today. The snow came quick as did the cold, I had wanted to get a marker pole as to where his last hole he dug is, so I could keep an eye on it through the Winter. I do have a good idea where it is, so I can generally see if he pops up, but I don't expect to see him until Spring,


I did however see my nemesis today!
Fucking Shitrat dry humpin' my fence....

The Greeting Song
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Drivin' around I've got my baby and my top down
Mary-go-round I ride you for my love
Throwin' me down in the backseat underground
I'm on the mound I make it for my love

Makin' my way I brake another L.A. day
Time in the town I need it for my love
My Chevrolet rollin' to another play day
This is the sound I listen for my love

Who, you talking to, talk to me you
Sound of music

Who, you talking to, talk to me you
Sound of music

I love you swim through me
Good feelings come to me

Sought and I found a life of makin my blood sound
Do anything for the one I love
Something profound the face of God is in Sensurround
I'm on the mound I make it for my love

Who, you talking to, talk to me you
Sound of music

Who, you talking to, talk to me you
Sound of music

I love you swim through me
Good feelings come to me

Songwriters: Michael Balzary / John Anthony Frusciante / Anthony Kiedis / Chad Smith
The Greeting Song lyrics © MoeBeToBlame

© 1991 Warner Bros. Records Inc. for the U.S. and WEA International Inc. for the world outside the U.S.


My friend John Robinson would have been 52 today. Miss you my friend.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you still had a great day, despite the weather and the memory of John bringing you down.
    Stay cool like you are. :-)

    ReplyDelete