Thursday, November 29, 2018

Dang Cat

Leave it to Elsa to try and ruin a good thing. Scott & Andrea were kind enough to give us the auto-litter box and last night I go down to check on it and to make sure she's actually using it... And I find the mat that's affixed to the ramp up to the litter tray is flipped over.... So I fix that and then today I check on it again (because once she's figured out how to fuck with it once...).. And she had the mat flipped over AND the lid that covers where the 'droppings' receptacle is flipped up.... WHY??? lol... Damn cat!

Dr's appointment went well... I'm taking a low dose of  Methotrexate and when I saw my rheumatologist last he said he was going to add Arava to the mix, along with what my dermatologist (who's prescribed the methotrexate)... So, at the dermatologist, I tell her about Ecker's 'addition' to the mix, the Arava and... She doesn't know a thing about and doesn't even prescribe Arava... She said "Dr. Ecker prescribe that".... So I'm pretty confused at this point, as Ecker gave me no prescription for anything when I left his office... His last words were, "Call us in 6 months and Happy Holidays".. Which is surprising because I didn't think the word "Happy" was in that man's vocabulary... Maybe he got whacked on the head lately or something...
So I called Ecker's and left a message... Good thing my bloodwork is going to all these doctors and they are all coordinating together... 

After that appointment I went up to 'Brilliant Glass' to exchange my dry vape mouth piece.
This exchange went ok.. The young man 'managing' the store seemed a bit.... pissy to see me... I had been in before just after I bought the vape with a small issue and he seemed a bit perturbed then... Anyhow, so I sez, 'Logan at the Northside store said that you guys would exchange this for me'... 
he kinda looks at me, looks at the mouth piece.... "I don't know what I'm supposed to do here".... So, I sez, 'Well Logan said this has been an ongoing issue with the I-Shred and that you'd exchange the piece for me, he said other's have had to do this too"..... So he looks at me again, then turns and walks to the back of the store where the dry vapes are, takes one out of the display case and takes the mouth piece off of it come back up front to me and says, "Don't run the vape too hot, it expands the cap and causes this"... So, as kinda rude and a bit smug as this guy was, I was and am thankful they did make this replacement. I ain't asking much, it's cool they did it and I thanked the guys again when I left the store...
I'm not going to 'rotate' the mouth piece, even though it's advertised that one can do so and it's made to do so. I really like the vape and aside from that issue it's worked well. 

I've said before, I'm a big The Punisher fan (not of the current TV series)... As a kid, brought up on the savagery of Conan the Barbarian and Blade Runner... The regular Marvel comics just seemed a bit bland to me (and to many others, which is why Todd McFarlane did us all the favor of creating Image and all of his ultra violent characters because Marvel was a "family" company... No one 'died' in Marvel comics (not that i wanted to see people killed) and they were not very violent... Then came 'The Punisher'... A man hellbent on death of all criminals, but mostly those involved in the underground gangs and mafias... Drug pushers and violent thugs.. Frank Castle AKA The Punisher took them all out... and I don't mean 'out' for dinner... Around 1987/'88 I found The Punisher comics and was hooked... Due to smoking some hashish laced with angel dust, which was NOT what we paid for... After having a very very bad trip. I wouldn't touch 'drugs' again until 1994. My Brother did some 'punishing' of his own, tracking down the scumbag who sold us the hash laced with dust and gave him a little tuning.... Because of my anti-drug stance, the Punisher became even more heroic for me... So in 1988 when I got my first tattoo The Punisher was it...
This was the image used for my tattoo done by Dave Long at Skinetic Tattoo studios, which used to be on the Restigouche rd in Oromocto, New Brunswick... 

It's much faded now and has this 'cut' in it where Peter Gillies closed a door on me while I was following him and the coat hook... hook, actually cut into my arm! 

in 1989, "The Punisher" movie came out with Dolph Lundgren....The big Russian dude in Rocky 4.
It was HORRIBLE. In fact I don't recall it even having the 'Punisher skull emblem on his chest... I mean THAT's what makes him The Punisher!! He's just some crazy jackass in swat gear shooting criminals in the face for revenge of the death by the mob of his wife and children because they witnessed a mob hit..... It's like making a Superman movie and Christopher Reeves suit doesn't have the 'S' on the chest.... I felt like crap.. I mean, the tattoo isn't huge, so the face detail isn't altogether clear... But I just felt, 'Fucking great! Now every time someone see's it they'll associate it with that crap fucking movie...'

It never came up that I can remember.... Fast forward to 2004.... Thomas Jane becomes 'The Punisher'... This wasn't too bad of a movie, pretty violent.. OH, somehow they got John Travolta to play the lead villain role.. I dunno if this one made me feel better about people associating the tattoo with any of the movies.... But then in 2008, Ray Stevenson, you might have seen him as Volstagg in the 'Thor' movies, he took on 'The Punisher' and this one I think nailed it... Some of the acting is a bit stiff, but overall, it's uber violent, Stevenson has the best comic to reality 'look' of the Punisher yet, he's massive, looks mean and with the training he got he pulls off an angry tired Frank Castle.

I've got a few Punisher comics left over these days, including a crazy cross-over comic of 'Archie Meets The Punisher'.

Pretty funny stuff.

Ahhh man, December! Fuck.. Christmas shopping.... ugh Christmas music... Although I'm good at blocking shit out with the entertainment constantly unfolding in my head...



No comments:

Post a Comment