Sunday, November 18, 2018

Holy '80'scrashOrama! + Bonus Updated Photo(s?)

Don't wanna complain.....but.... I feel like fuckin crap. Even stretching didn't save me from the latent pain that comes with hard physical activity... Fuck, when we were kids we would have to shovel a near triple wide driveway and a standard driveway ourselves... I only did about 40 minutes of labor yesterday lol.
I knew I'd be beat, and I woke up late and beat, so I thought a good hot shower will help kick start my day and I was in that shower until the heat ran out... Now a few hours later I feel splattered, tattered and torn. Like I fell down a huge boulder strewn ravine... No not Reveen.... Though I kinda dated his daughter in law once... Story for another time....

I dunno why, but I've been on an 80's Pop kick for like 3/4 weeks... But I've mentioned this before, How sometimes for weeks I'll locked into one band, one album, one song for days and weeks...
(Don't worry I thoroughly digested the new Behemoth album and the new High On Fire album)

I've been packing an every increasing '80's Pop' playlist, with over 180 songs.... I know '80's Pop', 'Pop' in general gets a bad rap.... Some say the '80's Pop / Rock scene was horrible... I totally disagree... And I also disagree that the early 80's were filled with a lot of songs that had no brains or meat in them and I'm telling you, nearly every single 'Hit' of the 1980's certainly deserved it's place... Sure, there may be one or two out there but these songs were embraced by the masses ears and hearts and souls (Listening to Huey Lewis & The News' 'Heart & Soul' right this minute)... For those of us who grew up from the early 1970's into the 1980's, we were part of a music revolution, don't worry you '90's kids, you were too|!
Really, since the dawn of 'Rock'N'Roll' the World over has been witness to a global phenomenon. the literal 'birth' of all these music genres... Could we do without a genre called 'Penis Punk'?... I think so.. But moreover I'm talking about the birth of the 'Hard Rock' 'Rock', 'Pop', R&B (post '70's) and yes, even 'Country' music evolved (if you want to call it that)...
College radio stations became the 'venues' for the 'underground' scenes of Heavy Metal, Punk and alternative Rock, Pop, and on and on.
That's something I kinda worry about, I mean 'worry', like way way way way back in the deepest recesses of my mind, kinda 'worry'... That we may not see any more 'births' of new innovative music... What can happen that'll be new? The whole 'genre' thing in music has run amok, so you get things like 'Penis Punk' as a self claimed 'genre' for your music, which of course all stems from every single goddamned band saying, "Oh, but we don't sound like anyone else, we're totally original, you can't put us in a genre"... Sorry, but those days are over. Now all these 'new' genres are just mutated  offspring of some kind of Pop, Rock Or Metal, Punk,
So flashback to the 1980's... 'Roxy's' on the Exhibition grounds... also was known as for some time 'Skate City'.. A roller skating rink, there, young and old alike rolled in circles, as if on a massive turntable, while the DJ played the latest, greatest Pop hits and some old Disco one's as the whole Roller rink thing went hand in hand with Disco for some time, I mean, ya didn't see peeps out roller skating to Dio, Iron Maiden and Sabbath...

Here's a sneak peek at what I've been hooked on, mainlining straight into my ears and brain....



Now I must go fall down somewhere, hopefully it's on my bed....

As promised, an updated photo


Superkuaki Bonus!:

1 comment:

  1. Whip it, whip it good. Good playlist I might say. :-) Sorry you feel bad man, Cheers!

    ReplyDelete