Monday, May 27, 2019

Near Death Experience.... And latent Birthday Gifts From... Me!

Yeah, so Nancy and I are crossing at the light outside the Sobeys on Regent and some person, (does it matter what sex?) totally was not watching us crossing and was trying to turn off McLeod dr. heading up Regent... People started honking at her... Oops them... and the person finally stopped, yet seemed to be angry at us, crossing on a WHITE crossing light for ourselves...

Fredericton,  EVERY SINGLE ONE of you should have to go get your license again EVEN if you THINK you are a great driver... Not 10 minutes before that another 'person' was driving UP the wrong way on Brunswick, NB plates... I, as we're crossing as she's passing us and pointing, '1 way'... and then she faces all the traffic coming at her ... OOPS at them... and starts honking their horn at the people coming at them...... WTF???

Just before my BD I had ordered the Sex Pistols legendary album 'Never Mind The Bollocks'... I'm not a big 'classic' Punk fan. Never have been a big fan of the Sex Pistols or the Clash, The Slits or The Damned... The Ramones HELL YES, Black Flag.... Like Hardcore? Hell yeah...


But I recently went down a Sex Pistols rabbit hole, and decided that 'Never Mind....' should be in my collection.
I also watched 'Sid And Nancy'..... Obviously, it's a fucked movie, it's about two junkie lovers... I just ain't into that scene and I found the movie, especially once he moves to the US with Nancy, really dry, boring and grating (Much like Trainspotting... How is a story about junkies, puking and dying a great thing to watch?).. But hey, that's what the story was, that was/is the life of a heroin junkie.. And I saw enough of those in Vancouver to last me a lifetime... Still, obviously highly influential to soooo many bands and genres of music, 'Never Mind.,...' is a fantastic album. I think that 'Pretty Vacant' is the quintessential Punk Rock song... 'God Save the Queen' is probably the most 'popular' along with 'Holiday In The Sun'...Heck even The Wasteland Zombies covered 'Anarchy in the UK'... *cough* The Megadeth version....

And then back in February I pre-ordered a pretty crazy record from Norway.

Many people who watched the documentary 'Metal: A Headbangers Journey' is well familiar with the scene on Norwegian Black Metal of the evil looking dude, in his wine cellar, lit by candles, shot in black and white and Sam Dunn, the films director, producer asks this man "What inspires Gorgoroth?" and the man ponders the question, then says:

That's Gaahl.... And I'm not a huge Gorgoroth fan, I don't own any of their stuff. But when I heard Gaahl's new solo material, it was a must have... Haunting and evil, it's like a mix of Nick Cave and Norwegian Black Metal.... Due for release May 31st (But on it's way to me now): 'Gaahl's Wyrd' - GastiR - Ghosts Invited
So, that album should be arriving any day now....

Here's a sample from the album:

He doesn't 'sing' every song like that, there's some more traditional 'Black Metal' sounding songs... Stoked for this one! It's weird!

Be good!! lol Thanks again for the Birthday wishes!!

1 comment: