Friday, May 31, 2019

Evil Has Landed! - Gaa'hls Wyrd!

W00t!

Arrived this morning! Man, USPS and Canada Posts tracking was WHACK! And also weird or should I say.... 'Wyrd', The Seasons Of Mist website says this album wasn't delivered because of a manufacturing problem... LOL Guess I'm lucky... Sez "postponed indefinitely due to supplier not delivering it yet"....

While the band had released 3/4 tracks from the album with the first track being released months ago and then I found about a week ago that Seasons of Mist had the entire album up for listening on YouTube, I held off listening to any more of the it and it was well worth the wait!

Haunting, is the best word I can use to describe 'GastiR Ghosts Invited'. On some tracks Gahhl 'sings' in true Norwegian Black Metal style, yet in other tracks he's actually singing, which as I've said kinda reminds me of Nick Cave and other '80's 'Goth' influences.

Gaahl's Wyrd is certainly Norwegian Black Metal, but Gaahl has mixed in what I'd say is an homage to '80's Goth Rock... A bit of The Mission, Sisters of Mercy and Nick Cave.

Fuckin' brilliant!


1 comment: