Monday, September 10, 2018

Upstaged By My Brother Gordon & He's About To....

Piss all over us,,,

Special Weather Statement

Issued at 18:00 Monday 10 September 2018

Rain to affect the region on Tuesday.

Rain associated with the remnants of tropical depression 'Gordon' will move into the province by Tuesday morning and persist until Wednesday morning. There is still some uncertainty with regard to where the heaviest rainfall will occur but generally 20 to 40 millimetres are possible with locally higher amounts in heavy showers.

The public is advised to monitor future forecasts as rainfall warnings may be required.

###

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to NBstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #NBStorm.

My named hurricane 'Chris' was a dud, I think it only made it as far as a 'tropical depression' as well.

Speaking of brothers, ever heard tell of the Kray brothers... Nah, they ain't local, not even Canadian.

I had not heard of the Kray brothers until sometime in 2016 when I stumbled across the film 'Legend'.

Up until about 10 years ago, I wasn't a fan of the 'Gangster' genre of films. I had not even watched the 'Godfather' movies until sometime in the late 2000, now among my favorite movies, all of them.

The brothers Kray were... Well, I always feel Wikipedia can explain things better than me typing it out:
"Ronald "Ronnie" Kray (24 October 1933 – 17 March 1995) and Reginald "Reggie" Kray (24 October 1933 – 1 October 2000), identical twin brothers, were English criminals, the foremost perpetrators of organised crime in the East End of London during the 1950s and 1960s. With their gang, known as "The Firm", the Krays were involved in murder, armed robbery, arson, protection rackets and assaults.

As West End nightclub owners, the Krays mixed with politicians and prominent entertainers such as Diana Dors, Frank Sinatra and Judy Garland. In the 1960s, they became celebrities, being photographed by David Bailey and interviewed on television.

The Krays were arrested on 8 May 1968 and convicted in 1969, as a result of the efforts of detectives led by Detective Superintendent Leonard "Nipper" Read. Each was sentenced to life imprisonment."
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kray_twins

The 2015 film of the Krays begins while Reggie is breaking his brother Ronnie out of the institution he was in. See Ronnie was labeled mentally insane, as well as claiming he was "Bi-sexual, not gay".

It's a fantastic movie with the Kray brothers being played by one actor Tom Hardy. The only other star I'm familiar with in the film is the fantastic singer Duffy. It's a really great movie, one of my favorite movies in the last decade or so.

So yesterday I stumbled across this movie, 'The Krays - Dead Man Walking'... So I checked out the trailer first, it seemed interesting, like another take on the twins. But I found right away for 'twins' in the movie, the actors looked nothing alike, with the actor playing Ronnie looking more like 'Tom Hardy' than either of the Krays... It's disjointed, they spent too much time on a character that really has nothing to do with their overall life... And I found a lot of the actors kinda lacking.

Not a very good movie, I don't recommend it. Thinking about it, I don't even think they touched on the incidents that happened in 'Dead Man Walking'. It's kinda a weird movie. it's about the Krays, but not really... I don't get it...

Watch the other one, 'Legend' though, it's great... Might have to watch it in fact, to get this other one out of my head...

One of the chipmunks today, not sure which one because it was kinda squished up against the fence post, but yeah, it was on top of the fence. Not that chipmunks don't climb, it was just odd to see it up there, it was kinda half in a vine and half out... Weird creatures...


No comments:

Post a Comment