Sunday, June 10, 2018

'IF'

IF, I were to go on facebook, and do a search in my post history, I think that last June was much like this one, cold, although I think that last June was wet and cold. As I went to write this blog entry, it occurred to me that the thought in my head, 'We skipped Summer and went right on to Spring', seemed to trigger this sense of 'Deja-vu'.
As far as I know, we might have had one frost warning in May, but almost every week and for certain the last few days in a row we've had frost warnings issued as each night the temperature is getting down towards freezing... I was just outside and it was fuckin' cold out man! Like pants and sweatshirt cold...

Today, I FINALLY got a photo of an elusive, skittish bird that's been landing on the fence and has thus far eluded all attempts to get a decent photo of it. I had tried a few times with my cell phone, but it was too blurry. So today, the bird was on the fence and I hobbled inside to get my LUMIX and got a decent picture.... IF anyone knows what kinda bird this is, i'd love to know. I ended up having to 'sign up' to "Birding New Brunswick" so I could upload the photo and hope someone will get in touch with info as to what we're looking at here. I thought it might be a 'Gray Catbird', but the site had a video with this bird doing it's call and I have not heard that noise out of this bird.
I just finally got my 'membership' approved, so I should hear back soon, but if anyone does know, please post your reply!




I have been working on my dream diary, I stopped posting them, because in some ways my dreams are quite redundant. Many of the dreams I've been having all seem to revolve around some kind of festival or conference, with many people and as per usual, odd goings-on... I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I sleep on my right side and there's studies that say that sleeping in a certain position will induce certain types of dreams.
Last night though, I woke up, sat right up out of dead sleep, blabbering some gibberish and I was looking right at Elsa who was sitting on the floor and she was meowing loudly, this isn't the dream, this is what happened.
I was dreaming, though of what I do not know. Elsa recently has started meowing loudly in the apartment when she is being finicky about her food. There's food there, both wet and dry, so I'm guessing she's trying to get me out of bed in hopes I'll give her a treat instead of her food.
So yeah, she must have been meowing loudly and woke me up out of my dream... It sure was weird lol... I have no idea what the hell was going on. As when one is abruptly woken from R.E.M. sleep, you're usually not all that coherent, which has been a reason why I skip some entrys to my journal... I mean, when you wake up in the middle of the night, you just don't feel like grabbing your phone and typing out what you can remember and of course since dreams are so fleeting, by morning you can barely recall anything of the dream, unless it REALLY left an impression.

Tomorrow my 'Ghost' bundle should arrive! So excited! Although, it's hard to say, tomorrow is the 'guesstimated' arrival day. According to the tracking map, it's in Ontario, so unless it's actually on a flight to Fredericton, then out tomorrow, who knows, it might be Tuesday.

Stay tuned! Hope ya'll had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment