Monday, June 18, 2018

Fifa World Cup 2018... What???

Yes, I, Chris Waddell.... Not to be confused with British football commentator 'Chris Waddle'..am watching the 2018 World Cup... I haven't watched all of it, in fact, I'm not cheering for any particular team.
I blame Electronic Arts for this. When I got hired there, I didn't watch any sports (except for some Canucks hockey) and knew barely any rules of any game, aside from baseball, which as a kid, was about the only sport I kinda liked, but never played on a team....
When World Cup hits EA Sports, it's all encompassing. It's everywhere, every TV, every water cooler discussion, one can't escape it... Then to land on a team working on the video game, well then you're chin deep in soccer/football... Heck I knew the names of players I'd never seen actually play.. I knew stats about players I had no clue about before... All lost now and I'd imagine, since I last worked for EA in like 2002, a lot of those players have retired to cushy lifestyles of the rich and famous...

At EA, because of my last name, I got the nickname 'Waddle'... In fact, the finance department checked with me to make sure my last name was being spelled correctly....
'Chris Waddle' is a famous football commentator and his voiced was used in the games... So all I heard for my time there was "Hey Waddle"..And of course 'Waddle' is how many people think 'Waddell' is pronounced... I remember my first day in grade school and them calling my name, "Chris Waddle?"... 'It's WADDELL, ya jerkface!!!', I'd say in my head..

Anyhow! Football, kinda exciting. I like games like this, like baseball, you can kinda turn on the game and do shit and when the crowd starts to roar, you know something's up, so you can go back to paying attention to the game at hand.
Who knows, by then end of this, I might just be cheering for a team!

The house fix it guy showed up.. Brought a 'snake' with him and went to work on the plumbing on the sink.. He ran the water and it built up in the sink, then 'whoooosh'! it drained! YAY!... But it was short lived... He ran some more water and it sat, barely draining again... What the hell is down there??? I have even imagined that maybe a rat or rodent somehow, someway got into the plumbing.. Maybe a snake../ Who knows.. But that caustic liquid woulda killed and rotted whatever is down there.
The fix-it guy had to go to a meeting but he should be back soon... He's gonna go at it with the snake again... Somethin's gotta give!

Felt the weather coming yesterday afternoon... Last night was brutal and i feel like hell today.. I am looking forward to the possible thunderstorms.. Although we already were supposed to have one pass through which never came to fruition... All one can do is hope...

Until then, crawl back into bed and pass out..That is until Mr; Fix-it comes back... Was hoping to just crash for the day, but that ain't gonna happen... When it's crappy out and I feel like hell, I don't mind sleeping the day away, it's the only refuge from pain and I love to dream...

Well the halftime is over, back to the game or sleep or letting the fix-it guy back in

No comments:

Post a Comment