Saturday, June 9, 2018

Attack Of The Catatapillars Pt. II - The Bitchin' Sequel

Looks at this:

It's pretty hard to put pillows behind my back when Jerkface The Wonder Kitty decides it's 'her' seat..

Great weekend thus far. Thursday night I was at the Capital Screening 'The CHSR Cut'. Was great to see everyone... I mean I saw Tim & Arthur the day before, but great to see DJSTV, CEEEB... Johnny James 'Dio', Stephanie and of course Mark & Erin... Also my old buddy Shane, I didn't make this connection that his son is like this amazing up and coming local Blues guitarist, just amazing!
On Friday, I had company! I rarely have company. I don't mean to insult people, but my home is my home, MY HOME, it's not a drop in, hang out spot. Even when I lived at my place in Burnaby once I had seniority, as in the only original renter, I'd let roomies coming in know that the place was 'home'. It wasn't a party or invite they guys over to play video games spot. 'House Nazi'? Naw, I just like MY place to be my refuge. Not even a lot of people know where I live, although many have spotted me because I am on Beaverbrook and I'm out a bit.
Anyhow, my long time friend Jennifer Wright was over. I've known Jen since probably Elementary school... And just thinking of it now, I have no idea how we met. I don't think we were in classes or even the same school... BUT, I was a social butterfly as a kid and could be found at the roller rink (Skate City later named Roxy's- or maybe vice-versa)... Or possibly, that teen 'nightclub', but that seems much later in my childhood... Anyhow, Jen's a great friend and we've mostly kept in touch through the years. Her 'hubby' Gene is a great friend too, as is her Brother Stephen... Although I don't see Steve too much.

Saturday, oh, that's today! Did a laundry, went to Sobey's, then went for a walk after supper... Yes, this is where the caterpillars come in.
Those trees on the Green, keep on getting more and more. This family saw me taking video of the things and this lady was totally taken aback, she said she'd seen a few on the sidewalks, but then they saw what I was looking at in the trees. These things are not just en masse on the trunks, but way way up high and even out on the branches.

Behold!
Yummy Eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment