Monday, February 4, 2019

'Alita Battle Angel Trailer' - An 'Alita' fan.

So first, many of you will remember 'Alita' was my husky.

But before her, Mike Fields and I had 'Alita' who was a kitten we got when we were room mates when we first went out West. We got evicted over that kitten... But that place sucked... Freakin' hookers everywhere with them fighting the single parents in our apartment building at 2,3 A.M....

And before that, there was 'Alita Battle Angel'... Which I actually wrote about a bunch of months back.
I had seen a screen grab from a movie trailer that caught my eye and ended up finding the new 'Alita Battle Angel' trailer.

One bit of 'faith' I had was that James Cameron was helming the project. I have hard feelings for a couple of Japanese created stories. 1 being Alita and the other is Akira. I felt, feel, that they were just too futuristic for anyone to try and pull off right, like really right, unless they filmed the live action version, image to frame, right from the original... I thought anything less would be selling it way short and be an embarrassment to stories I loved.

This is the image of Alita I used for the tattoo I have of her.

This of course happened, somewhat, with 'The Punisher' movies, which I wrote about a couple months ago.

So it's been with great trepidation that I've waited to see what James Cameron would do. The first trailer I saw, which would have been the last time I wrote about 'Alita' and I wasn't all that impressed.

But this, this new trailer gives me some hope. Albeit I do see one thing that kinda makes me sad already. 
So there's a couple of 'anime's' made out of 'Alita - Battle Angel' and the thing that always 'bugged' me about those is that they meshed a bunch of the stories into the 'creation' story. So you kinda get this mashed up version of the very first storyline that started it all and because, well maybe they didn't anticipate a sequel, but they even have to 'end' the story, so they go deep into the storyline, many years and graphic novels later to give you the 'this is why' moment... That movie moment when you go, "aha! This is why" bla bla bla....

So if you haven't seen it, check it out. I'm excited for it at least now, but I know already, I'll have to face disappointment.



One thing I didn't anticipate with my welcoming feelings about the change in weather, was, the change in weather. 
I'm sure i'll adjust to it just in time for it to plummet and change again...


Random photo from the past, The second day I had 'Alita' I brought her into work with me at the motion capture studio at Electronic Arts. She was such a funny puppy. People were freaked out by her eyes. It's like huskies eyes change when they get a bit older, when they are this young, they have this weird blueberry like appearance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment