Saturday, March 24, 2018

Moment of Inertia....

Sounds like a cool band name Eh? Well it is! And that's who I'm going to see play tonight. This will be my first local gig I've been to since September sometime.
The guys in Moment, most notably their singer Pat Pelletier, are close friends of mine. Pat and I of course played together in Dreamkick and The Wasteland Zombies have played with Moment Of Inertia more times than I can count. They are probably the only band in town that we're similar to, which I felt was always hard for both of us. Both great bands, but we're not as heavy as Spinesplitter, The Green Lung Grinder's or even Hero's Last Rite, though I guess the Monteith guys are in our 'level of heaviness' as well...

They don't appear to have a YouTube channel, but they do have a Bandcamp page:

https://momentofinertia.bandcamp.com/

They are a helluva tight unit with the Lockhart Brother's, Peter and Jeff, (Peter on guitar and Jeff on bass), Pat is the singer and another good friend and all-around awesome guy Chuck Wilby on drums.

They are playing the Capital tonight with another killer New Brunswick band from Moncton called 'Diablo Strange'.

https://diablostrange.bandcamp.com/

Diablo plays a lot of shows with Moment, had the WZombies not been on our 'hiatus', we'd probably be playing this show or... actually maybe not, as we were slated to play the tattoo convention happening right now in Fredericton. Odd that it's the city's first, but there's a lot of oddities to this city...

In April it looks like the band will be getting together to start writing. I'm looking forward to this, the band has 3 new originals; Kill Scene - Zombie Nation, the Fire Breathing Liar and Anubis Rising. Combined with the re-done versions of Spread Your Wings and 4AM, that's 5 good solid songs.

I'd like to also record the new versions of 'You Must' and 'Earache' to bring us up to 7 songs and write around 3-4 more and that should be our album right there.
I've already started to toss around to myself album titles, but really until we've written more songs I'd not throw anything out publicly because any of those new songs might be a golden album title.

Not sure where we'll record or who with, I know I'd love to have Jake Duffie with us, he's highly proficient at what he does and has always been behind the band and our music. Money of course will be a factor. I'd also LOVE to release some vinyl. It's expensive, but I think I've got a good plan lol a secret plan... As I don't want other musicians to possibly 'steal' the idea.

And of course everything will be riding on my health. I haven't started my methotrexate yet, but when I do, well, we'll see how well I fare this time.

So, if you wanna cmoe hang out and see some cool bands tonight, get the Capital, show starts at 10PM, doors open at 9-ish. Cover is 7 bones.



No comments:

Post a Comment