Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Better Days

Feeling a lot better, but the last few days haven't been so pleasant. Don't know if it was a stomach virus, food poisoning or what. Sunday my stomach felt horrible and I slept most of the day. Didn't fare much better yesterday until around Noon, then my stomach issues appeared to diminish but all of a sudden I had brutal acid reflux going on, not even a 150mg of antacid helped, this as well, thankfully, diminished last evening and today I feel I'm at about 85%, though my body feels like it's gone through the ringer. I'm pinning that on the incoming weather and temps changing.

Looks like it's gonna be a beautiful day with the Weather Network forecasting +7 and Environment Canada forecasting +9. There's a freezing rain warning for tomorrow morning. But from there the temps this week look pretty decent.

I'm still editing and working on my trip diary memoir, so hold tight, it's coming.. Sometime soon.

Waiting on the house 'fix it' guy. My neighbors have him installing a fan for their stove. Now, in a 'normal' home, this would probably not be too much of a job, but this house is an oddity.

Not sure how old this place is, but my part of the house is an addition, like most homes in Fredericton, at some point the family who owned the place decided they needed more room. So, when they built the addition, instead of taking the end part of the rood that slanted down, they just built the addition over top of the end of the house, this left a hidden gap, between my apartment and the neighbors. The 'fix it' guy says that this in this past caused major water damage issues, but had been fixed some time ago.
So, to install this oven exhaust fan the fix it guy, had to drill a hole through my neighbors wall, and two holes in my bathroom. One above my shower and then one that leads to outside on the far wall in my bathroom. He'll then run a pipe through the top of my bathroom to connect those holes for the exhaust.
Now, Michel is a great guy, but he just kinda works slow and because he's needed access to my place, I've had to lock up Elsa throughout the time that he's here. Elsa would just get in his way and then at some point I'm sure he'd get attacked while trying to move her ... or simply walking through the room.
I was a bit peeved yesterday because Michel said he'd be "back" to my place "shortly" and again, I had Elsa locked up in my spare room (which she's not too down with)... So Michel left and I never saw him again. At around 3:45 I looked outside and his truck was gone, so I messaged my neighbor to see if he'd gone to pick up some materials or was done for the day, and, he was done for the day... Well, thanks for the headsup...
Now I'm waiting for him to show up. He said he'd be here at 9 or shortly after each day and now it's 5 past 10.... I'll text him soon enough to see what's up.

Man, this mall fire in Russia.. Crazy! A morgue says that some 300 bodies in morgues, but the city's officials say that only a hundred or so people died.... Something ain't right there... And even crazier is the fact that the exists, rather fire exists were "locked" or barred... The theaters, of which there were 3 movie theaters, one of them the doors were locked to prevent people from getting in without paying.

Fire extinguishers were non functional, the mall's P.A. system didn't work, a security guard shut down the the fire alarm that was sounding just after the fire started... Like what the hell man??

In Cuba and in Egypt, I saw some astounding and shocking "wiring", like electrical has NO safety standards whatsoever. How and why countries can operate like this, taking people's lives in their hands and it's 'ok' is just mind boggling. At a hotel I stayed at in Luxor, Egypt, when plugging in my laptop and I had the correct adapter and it was 3 pronged, I got the biggest electrical shock I've ever received, it was big enough to send my arms flying. I was surprised it didn't nuke my laptop.

So in some ways, I'm not surprised by these kinds of fires and the tragedies they bring in their wake, we live in modern times, you'd think that people would be held accountable for bad and shoddy building methods... But money is money and cutting corners is a way in some parts of the World, if not most.

Just got a text, Michel will be here soon, I hope he wraps up this job today...


No comments:

Post a Comment