Tuesday, February 6, 2018

And Then Today.....

Got up early because the house 'fix-it' guy was on his way over to fix my oven after last evening's fiasco.
While I'm waiting for him, I put Elsa in her kennel, as it's just easier than trying to stop her from climbing in the oven or taking swings at the fix-it guy.
After I let her out and, this is not 'normal' behavior for Elsa, she starts growling. Now almost a year ago, this happened, she'd been for a couple weeks last year, after eating, she'd run down to her litter box, then come back upstairs here and start 'back-kicking' on anything she could find to do it on AND the day I took her into the vet, she had started growling at me. That low, scary cat growl they do when they are about to kick some ass... So, over the last month or so, she had been doing this back kicking thing again, but she's been eating, drinking, poopin' and peeing.. All seems well, but then this morning the growls started.
Now last years adventure to the vet with Elsa turned into her having to be completely sedated because she'd pretty much kicked the shit out of 3 vets. She'd bit through gloves, I could hear her going ape shit.
This time, my 'normal' vet wasn't in, so I had to see a new guy. He had read her file and knew she was going to be unhappy about being there... Which, she was... But this time, they actually kept her in the exam room and I was there. We opened her kennel. no growling... She did hiss at the vet a couple times, but when his assistant came in with the gloves on and they had a towel, well, all was good until she (the vet assistant) tried to get Elsa, then the hissing, spitting, growling, yeowling ears back, eyes wide came out like madness.
So, I got a urine collection kit.. Now those of you who don't have cats might be wondering, "how the Hell do you collect cat pee??'... Not soooo simple, but not too bad either. I have a spare small litter box and I put these non absorbent 'beads' in it, so the 'idea' is that she'll go pee in that, the beads won't absorb her urine like litter would and then I use a pippet to suck up the pee into a vial, which I then take to the vets..,. Then they'll do a urine analysis and HOPEFULLY see what's going on here.
There's some long word that he said that cats around Elsa's age can get and it comes and goes, sometimes without even need of antibiotics or an anti-inflammatory. So, fingers crossed, hopefully it's nothing major.

No comments:

Post a Comment