Monday, February 5, 2018

And Then This Just Happened

Well I preheated my oven for some chicken, put in the chicken, went and sat down for a few minutes and thought, 'I should get up and get the pot ready to boil some veggies'.

I walked into the kitchen and saw that the oven light seemed to be on... And as I leaned in to click the oven light off, I thought, 'Wait a second, I didn't turn that on'... That's when I heard this 'hissing' sizzling sound and opened the oven door to see a small fire at the far end of the oven on the element and that the element was white hot, it was glowing white. I immediately shut off the oven and the flame went out.

As you can see from the pic, the bottom element burned right off.

Our house fix it guy is coming tomorrow to take a look at it... I don't have a messy oven, it wasn't like there was grease or anything spattered over the over or element. Think it was just old.

Glad I thought to get up and throw the veggies on.


No comments:

Post a Comment