Thursday, December 27, 2018

The Last Week of 2018

Yes, yes my friends, 2019 is soon upon us, what will it bring for our planet Earth? Only one way to find out and that is to stick around!

Had a great Christmas with Gordie, Crystal & the family. Always a blast at Gordie with plenty of food, drink and games and not to forget... Santa Claus!

Each year after the kids are asleep, there's a 'present parade' from Gordie's place to Crystal's (They live right beside each other)....
So on Christmas eve, we begin the 'parade'... I leave Gordie's and am outside alone... I hear what sounds like a big dog parking and look behind me to see in the field next to the trailer park the form of a rather large dog that is running towards my direction... Not wanting to stick around, with an armload of presents, I hobble a little faster towards Crystal's place and just as I'm reaching her driveway I glance back again and see the dog is just coming up over this berm and is quite large and still barking...
So I race for Crystal's front door, juggling the presents as I turn the handle and look once again to the street in time to see....
A very large dog, barking, but not looking at me, it races by Crystal's wearing .... A Santa Claus suit... I know, I know.. Yes, I smoke pot, but I swear to all that's not holy, that I saw this.. A large dog with a Santa hat and it had a coat on... Fucking weird!

Christmas eve morning, I am up very early and see the planet Venus blazing in the sky.

A few years ago Crystal, Gord and the kids rescued some little itty bitty Kitties that one of the parks free-range cats gave birth to under her trailer.
The kitties, Echo and Sox, are growing quite well and it used to be that Sox was out everywhere, kinda brave enough to see who was around and Echo was very shy and skittish.
After they got 'fixed', apparently this all changed and Sox was now super skittish and quite scared of any strange voice in the house... But, I'm not strange to them. I have a bond with kitties. People don't believe me, but I do. I respect the cats young and old. I love cats, they kick ass with their air of independence and sometimes mysterious nature...
I don't know if anyone there realizes I've bonded so close with both the cats, when everyone was sleeping, they'd come and visit.

You can see from this video that 'Sox' is not frightened nor skittish with me at all. Such great kitties. Made me miss Elsa.


On Christmas morning, Venus was so brilliant that it was still glimmering brightly in the morning sky.

Christmas morning with the gang:

The kitties stop by to say goodbye on Boxing day...



So, before Christmas I was pretty bummed... I had written a couple weeks before Christmas that Terry and Joanne Daly were coming up for Christmas, but we were going to miss each other, completely... I was heading to SJ as they arrived in Fredericton and they were heading back to Chester, Nova Scotia as I was coming back from SJ... Every year since I'd come home I'd spent some time with them at Christmas.
Terry and I go way back... Way back to 1990 and Dreamkick's very first show at the Oromocto rec center.
We had hired 'Ace Productions' a lighting and sound company out of Fredericton to give us a kick ass light show and hopefully made us sound great at our 'coming out' show. We hit the stage with a roar!

Terry Daly & David Campbell ran Ace productions and being a singer, not having much to do, I asked if I could do anything to help them and they put me to work laying down power cables, mic cables, setting up stands...And from there I kinda ended up 'apprenticing' with Dave and Terry, we had many crazy adventures together, a couple of life or death situations and Terry and I remain close friends to this day. When I moved back and the day that Alita went to sleep, Terry and his wife and her family were there for me. Joanne's daughter Jessy Wyman (formerly Jessy Ashfield) is a local musician and Joanne also has two other daughters. Her Daughter Sammie after bringing up two huskies ended up in a rough relationship and at one point I was her only candidate for taking in the dogs should she need someone to, lol, and this I was told! But I would have obliged.
When I had my oral surgery, Terry picked me up after and took me to stay with them for a few days as I recovered. They like the Fields and the Browns are my 'second family' and I love them dearly.

On the day before Christmas eve, I had got a message from Terry saying that they were going to stay Boxing day, so we could get some time to hang out (I mean, not just to see me, but other people too)... But, that was a great present. I hung out with Terry and Jessy's husband Peter, plus a couple of his buds and Terry and I's friend Karl Dunnett (who is a local drummer).

Anyhow! Back to Christmas at Gordie's!

SO, on freaking Christmas day night, I'm walking from Crystal's to Gordie's, once more I find myself alone and as I walk to Gord's, as I come around the corner from Crystal's, there's two deer, pretty close to me in the field... Now the deer thing, that's a whole other story... Saint John and a few other cities are having real problems, as the cities encroach further into nature, nature reciprocates by encroaching more into urban areas... The deer in large numbers... BUT, I've seen in my whole time(s) staying at Gord's like 6 live deer and not together, some stays I wouldn't see any, for a full couple years i didn't see any... So that evening I was surprised to see them so close and I said, "HI deer!" and this fucking deer, turns and looks at me and then starts to charge at me LOL... So, once again I beat the feet and make it to Gordie's door in the nick of time! Not a good Xmas for me with weird animals!

So, what did I get? I got some awesome clothes and hats, Winter gear, a crazy glass zombie decanter and I got a new bookshelf and the 'big' present a 4 week astronomy course at UNB!

I'll begin that in mid April (so HOPEFULLY), Winter is done by then lol... But I'm excited for that and to have the money to get a new tripod for my DSLR and the camera adapter for my telescope, so I can show ya's video and photo's of our solar system from my eyes!
Neat huh?
No plans for New Years eve... I DO want to get the Marvel graphic novel for the Infinite Gauntlet series... It's basically the Marvel 'movie' series we've been seeing in theaters over the last like decade all wrapped up into a graphic novel, this 'Infinite stone' plot was written back in the 1990's and unlike most Marvel comics, it's pretty dark and brutal. So I hope to get that in the next day or two... There's an alleged "storm" coming tomorrow into Saturday night, so I'm hoping I can pick up the graphic novel tomorrow and be able to cozy up with it as the 'storm' rages, If it manifests itself at all.....

Leaving Saint John, Boxing day 2019

1 comment: