Wednesday, December 12, 2018

'My Hero!'

Hey, ya'll remember back in the late 60's (early 70's for me).... The super awesome Spiderman cartoon? It was that cartoon that brought on a life long fondness for the characters, well some of them...

Dang that cartoon was so awesome! AND! Do you all remember the Marvel Superhero's cartoon?
With Hulk, Captain America, Submariner and Thor (Although the early Captain America cartoon has him join up with Thor, Iron Man, Wasp & "Tall man - who can become 'Ant Man'...

I've managed to collect all of these cartoons.. So camp now, I watched a Captain America episode last night that left me in stitches, it was fuckin hilarious how they sewed that shit together!

So for the Spiderman cartoon, the voice work was done right here in Canuckia, while the animation was done stateside...


BUT, even more of a Canadian connection is that 'ol favorite of faves....
Rocket Robinhood!

Even 'The Mighty Hercules' cartoon was another joint Canadian / American production! I had no idea!
These can be kinda hard to watch these days!

"Herc, Herc... There's Daedalus, there's Daedalus!!!!"


So camp!

Ok, have to start settling in to watching my annual Christmas movies... I did watch 'Die Hard I' the other night and last night, I watched for the first time 'The Man Who Invented Christmas'. which is a kinda biographical story on Charles Dickens writing 'A Christmas Carol' (aka Scrooge).
I love the story, I mean, essentially it's a ghost story... I think the best film version is the 1970 'A Christmas Carol' with Albert Finney as Scrooge.
This telling has an 'added' part a lot of the other films leave out, which is at the end, Scrooge ends up in Hell and his business partner Jacob Marley (No relation to Bob) gives Scrooge a small tour of Hell and is then taken to his new 'office', where he'll spend an eternity in the cold, doing Satan's finances, all the while his massive chain of life weighs him down... It's when Satan's henchmen are draping this ginormous chain on Scrooge  he wakes up, safe in his bed, his heart changed and he's all eager to be a great man for the remainder of his days...

Ya'll gettin in the Christmas spirit yet?


Just spoke to the previous owners of the house that caught fire. I knew they had owned the place for some time, but jeez, Mike and his parents moved in 1959, just after the house was built, then the family owned it until Mike took it over himself and they had it right up until about 3 years ago, when they got tired of horrible partying student tenants and sold it. Of course they were shocked and saddened to hear it caught fire... Was good to talk to them, they are really great people.
No word on what will become of the place.

1 comment: