Friday, December 7, 2018

Holy Crap! Friday Surprise Find

Somewhere in my head I did know that John Garcia, former singer of KYUSS, Unida, Slo Burn and Vista Chino has a new album coming out in January.
I know I say this a lot, but... If you know me, you know I'm a  HUGE KYUSS fan... At my instances for most of the time that The Wasteland Zombies were together we played KYUSS' 'Green Machine' at the end of just about every show we played.. Except towards the end here as we wanted to close with our new original, one I'm so very proud and fond of 'Anubis Rising'... Yet I digress... John Garcia was another major influence for me, along with Mike Patton - Faith No More and Bruce Dickinson - Iron Maiden.
Garcia's got a great gritty vocal that's easily recognized when you hear it and it blends in with the 'Stoner/Desert Rock' sound so well, like rum & Coke.

I had heard the first and second singles some time ago as Blabbermouth has been posting them in news articles as they've been released. The first single was recorded with The Doors Robby Kreiger and the second single 'Chicken Wing' was a quirky groovy song.
Then today, just checking in on Blabber... BAM there it was another single, but I was super blown away with it. The first two totally convinced me I was going to buy the album when it comes out on January 9th on Napalm Records... Which is where I'll be pre-ordering it from in the not too distant future. I may even splurge for some kind of courier.. Because though the mail is flowing now, it's still severely backed up,,, Holy shit! Did you know that UPS charges $25. to mail... a Christmas card??? I get they are a specialized service, but that card better be AT it's destination when I walk out the door after paying them... I had called, because I wasn't sure, for some reason i thought they and UPS were in league somehow... Maybe that's Puralator.. Anyhow, I had some cards to mail and it was actually a surprise, it was warmer than forecast outside, so I went for a walk until I found a fucking mail box!!
I mean I know I can mail them from Shoppers downtown or Superstore, but it's a long walk, long than I wanted to go today and I found one outside of government building not too far from me...

Holy shit! That was a tanget!
Check out 'Jim's Whisker's' by John Garcia & The Band of Gold

I've been watching it over and over! I love that my favorite musicians are STILL putting out entrancing, kick ass music this much later in their careers.

Makes me wanna be in the desert
Pic of me in the Nevada desert 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment