Sunday, December 1, 2019

Hey YouDude.... Don't Call Me Dude!


 So YouTube has changed their policies... A lot of talk among Youtubers about how this will effect monetization and other things on Youtube.. I shouldn't worry.. There's been this big WARNING! when I've been uploading my vids telling me I have to tell them (YouTube/My audience) if my videos are "children friendly".. I kinda avoided it for a while because I didn't think it really meant much to me.. BUT, today I HAD to pick.. "Vids safe for kids" Or "Vids not safe for kids"... So, since I have frequent swearing I chose 'Not for kids'... I mean, my videos are never outrageous or violent in nature... But yeah lol the swearing and do I have to swear? No, but I like to.. It makes me feel like a big bad man!

Also I was looking into monetizing my videos... As I was watching a video early this morning and this young lady was saying that IF your vids are not monetized, then you basically get relegated to YouTube 'no man's land'... Barely anyone will find/see your videos...

So with that info, i went to finish off my monetization process.... But I cannot.. As I'm told...

"To get into the YouTube Partner Program, your channel needs 4,000 public watch hours in the last 12 months, and 1,000 subscribers. Your channel will also get reviewed to make sure it follows
YouTube monetization policies

124 subscribers
1,000 needed
111 public watch hours
4,000 needed"

Now, really, I don't care about making money off my videos.. But I do wish that they'd get out to more people.. Fuck, thousands of people subscribe to YouTube channels with people telling you how to heal yourself with your own pee or channels about people doing fecal transplants.. But my chipmunk videos get like .. 5... 6. 7 views?

There was a channel of this guy that eats like everything (I don't know how he does it, I'm guessing he takes like a hammer, and makes a mold of it then makes a prop hammer that's edible...) Dude has like fucking MILLIONS of views... From eating random stuff.....

Anyhow.. My vids are what they are.. They are an extension of my blog and that is an extension of the journals i used to keep as a kid and into adulthood.
 You enjoy them or not.. You watch them or not....

No comments:

Post a Comment