Thursday, December 12, 2019

Adventures At The DECH - CT Scan Aftermath!

Lookit this!:

It Looks like Stevie Wonder was playing darts with a syringe and my arms were the target!

That's 7 attempts! 7! -  I think my post yesterday I had said 3 and I thought 'maybe 4'.... 7!!.....

Ok! All good, I got "small veins"... But c'mon now! And I wasn't being a smartass or rude.. When someone's sticking pointy sharp things into my flesh, I tend to keep my peace and let them do their job...

But the CT Scan was a blast, I was actually laughing.  - Years ago I had a MRI done and that was with injected dye and they strap you down, it's a narrow space, there's all kinds of racket going on and right before she straps me onto the MRI plank the tech says, "Oh, do you have gum in your mouth? You should have spit that out, if you choke on it, we might not be able to get you out in time!"... Oh thanks lady!! Thanks for the heads up!

This time, the lady is like, "Ok, some people are allergic to the solution (I forget her 'buzzword' for whatever the 'stuff' is they inject into the final hole they put in my arm)... So please tell me if your throat starts to swell up or you begin to have difficulty breathing"....

So, the first time through the 'doughnut' is without the 'solution', I think they did two for good measure, then she says, "ok the solution is coming in" or whatever she said.. So for the first 20 seconds, 1. I'm not feeling it, she said some people think they are pissing themselves, but I felt no "warm sensation" 2. Is my throat swelling up? Am I breathing ok? Yeah? Ok.... So from there, once I figured out I wasn't going to die, I was just totally enthralled by the technology.. But sadly, they wouldn't let me look at my scans... Which sucks, because I have my MRI scans...

Oh well, I'm back to 'normal me' again today... And there's a storm coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment