Friday, November 1, 2019

Blade Runner & Chipmunks AND Elsa ATTACKS!

Back in 1982 my Father took me to see the movie 'Blade Runner'.... My Dad took me to see a LOT of amazing movies, that being that young, I don't know MAYBE I shouldn't have seen? Compared to 'R' rated movies now, Blade Runner is really a breeze.. Conan the Barbarian, another movie Dad took me to, that had several decapitations during the opening of the movie - My Dad's girlfriend at the time got up and walked out, he followed her shortly and I watched Conan by myself..

I'm totally thankful I got to see these iconic movies in the theater. I think a lot of those movies certainly influenced me and shaped parts of my creativity.

I just came across an article on the BBC about 'Blade Runner Then and Now' - Because the Blade Runner made in 1982 was set in the uber, so far distant - we must have colonies on other planets by then - future of 2019!


So I'm not gonna go through the article bit by bit, I got a 'munk vid to throw together, but suffice it to say, sure, there's TINY similarities to that dystopian high tech future as laid out in Blade Runner.

LOL there's not much.. We sort of have some barely tested VTOL like helicopter/airplanes.... But that ain't no flying car.... There are people working on it. But the infrastructure to support even the cheapest of alternative transportation modes are probably still decades away.

Robots are nowhere near anything like the 'clone droids' of Blade Runner, synthetic huemahns made to work on the 'Off World colonies' and in Blade Runner, it's not made out to sound like 2019 is our first time in  space either... So there's that, space exploration, which I've lamented we're so sadly far behind (and if you look at those movies made in the '70's or '80's - any of them that showed our future, we've barely reached any of it).

Check out the BBC article here: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-50247479

Now the Chipmunks!

No comments:

Post a Comment