Wednesday, November 6, 2019

The Coming Storm & Some Capital Project Suggestions

Yes, yes, my friends a storm is coming! How big will it be? How strong will the winds be? How many will lose power? Who knows!?
According to Environment Canada:

"3:42 PM AST Wednesday 06 November 2019
Special weather statement in effect for:

Fredericton and Southern York County
Rain and snow followed by colder temperatures expected over New Brunswick beginning Thursday afternoon into Friday, with a cold and blustery day in store for Saturday.

A weather system is expected to bring rain to southern New Brunswick beginning Thursday afternoon with snow expected over northern regions, with the rain/snow boundary likely across central New Brunswick. Rainfall amounts of 15 to 30 millimeters are possible over southern sections with 5 to 10 centimeters of snow possible for the northern and central areas of the province Thursday night.

As colder air moves into the province from the north on Friday, flurries or periods of snow could give an additional 5 to 10 centimeters of snow to central and eastern areas of the province. Reduction to visibility could create potentially hazardous driving conditions Friday afternoon and evening.

Saturday will be sunny but remain cold and blustery across the province as temperatures will struggle to reach the freezing mark in many areas."

And if you watch the accompanying video, you'll see some flurries and some furries.



Now for some Capital Project recommendations:

Be sure to check out these bands and their spotlight vids... Sorry Tim, I ain't linking 'Scotty & The Stars'....
Kill Chicago:
These guys are really awesome. They got a 'radio Rock' feel to them, I've kinda had a 'Foo Fighters' vibe to them, but they got their own style, this is the kind of Rock that gets signed, great hooks, catchy chorus' and well written songs. 

I would have to guess that Zach was just a youngin' when DreamKick and The Wasteland Zombies were around (he's 10 years younger than myself). But he's grown up, immersing himself in the local scene. As a teen he and a friend campaigned city hall for the 'right' to put up gig posters and he is responsible for those poster stations up around the downtown core. Which is HUGE. I won't get into my rant about how no one posters today, with the exception of ... The Capital and me, when we had shows or when a band actually took me up on postering for them (ok, ok, other bands have postered)
He then made his way in to the Capital and now, if I'm not mistaken, he's running the whole Capital complex, which includes two other pubs. So he's always been someone that has been great and super huge asset to our scene. He's brought in so many bands, so many genres and truly gave bands a home to play when there were next to none.

Anyhew! I don't know much about the rest of the gang in the band. I know Dillon their drummer as he does video work for Tim... The singer is a teacher (I know that from the Capital Project movie) and I believe one of the Bowie kids is in the band... Not David Bowie!

Young Satan In Love:
Ahh 'Young Satan In Love' - Mark Bragdon (sp?) he and my Brother Gordy have a great acid trip story, it was funny to hear both sides of it... But it's not for me to relate here.

I think of YSiL as, kinda Mr. Bungle, Redd Kross like, funny, silly, but not quite as mainstream I guess. Their shows are filled with theatrics, props, crowd participation.. If you've never seen Young Satan In Love... Make sure you do! They are great to see on 'date nights'!



No comments:

Post a Comment