Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Feral Cat Project & Northern Lights

Short video update on the feral cat project. I've seen two cats now.. I was originally told that there was a white cat with a black tip on it's tail. Which I had seen a couple of times in the last two years, walking about the area or sunning itself on the paved trail.
And there is a black fluffy cat with a what mark on it's chest, said to be the female.
So I've seen those two, I've them both at the feeding station which is handy to my big picture window.

Then while texting with the woman who brought this all on, she tells me now that there are 3 cats.... Another black cat. It MAY be possible I saw 'other' black cat, as who knows, it could be the same size and shape as the fluffy one.. I saw a black cat last night, but I couldn't see it's chest, so it COULD have been the other, but I don't think so.
The ladies also say, that when they went along the narrow 'cliff' that drops off into the trail, they saw kitten paw prints.
I don't know much about kittens in the wild, like if after a while the 'mom' cat brings them to where she finds food, but thus far I've seen no signs of kittens.

Also, the aurora borealis MAY be visible tonight. It's supposed to be visible along the horizon, so if you're up some place high that has a good view of the horizon, you might be able to see them.

For the rest of Canada, it's possible that YOU might see them too, you can find out at this site:
https://www.gi.alaska.edu/monitors/aurora-forecast

No comments:

Post a Comment