Wednesday, November 13, 2019

An Ugly Week that Keeps Getting Better...

The week started off with sub zero temps, snow and ice storms and the defnite stamp by old man Winter that he's here to stay... Until Spring...

Obviously, it gets darker earlier, moods and emotions tend to get dragged down with the awful thought that Winter JUST started... Combined with 'Methotrexate Wednesday'... I felt like shit.. Still do....

BUT, a ray of HELL-shine blasted it's way into my place today with the arrival of the brand new 'Mayhem' album 'Daemon'! And it freakin' RULES! RULEZ even!!



Clear vinyl too! I've only recently, like in the last couple of years, gotten into Mayhem. And much like Behemoth, I'm more of a 'fan' of what Mayhem is writing now than their origins (though Mayhem's origins are about THE most shocking band history's that one can learn about), which is probably a major insult to those Norwegian Black Metal purists.
I had heard a lot of preview tracks from this new Mayhem album and really dug what I heard. It's a REALLY evil - read 'great' - album!

There's been a major new development with my 'Battle Vest Project'.... A good friend of mine from the Metal scene got a hold of me through FB after I had posted about looking for local band patches and stuff for my battle vest.
Turns out, he had a battle vest that he was retiring and offered me to buy the patches that he had off him... So seeing that he had a lot of the patches I was looking for, Mayhem, Bathory, Venom, Emperor and more, I said 'Hell YEAH!'...

In the end, he sold me the whole vest!! I was blown away! And so I've decided I'll work on two vests, why not!!??
I'm not going to post a photo of his vest as it has many much sought after patches...  People will know who it belonged to as soon as they see me wearing it in public, so, just,wait and see :)

Aww heck, but because I'm a nice guy, I'll show you the progress I made last weekend on MY battle vest.

So I plan to keep patching away at both vests...  But, if I'm out and about, you might catch me with the 'other' vest on!





1 comment: