Sunday, December 31, 2017

Happy New Year!!! Welcome to 2018! 'The Year We Make Contact'

Happy New Year folks! Hope you all had a wonderful evening....

When it comes to new year's eve, I'm a bit of a 'Scrooge'... Some people dislike Christmas, well I dislike new years... Not because it's the beginning of a new year and the end of an old... Just the ritual of the evening, is what I don't dig. I don't drink, a lot of my friends do and I love my friends, but being a non-drinker (due to my arthritis meds, not a real choice), though, those who know me, know I wasn't a big 'partier' or 'drinker'. It's just hard when you're not on that level and everyone in the room is...The biggest thing I don't like is this cities taxi service, which on a good day is a long wait. I swear the city has like 4 taxis/company! Years before, and I'm impatient when I want to go home, I'd get home at like 4AM because you just couldn't get a taxi! It's annoying... So I'm cool to ring in the new year with Elsa.
Although tonight, I had wanted to tune in and see some Canadian celebrations... CBC for the Maritimes had a half an hour slot dedicated to the new year for us back here (I imagine it's that way for each province), then it was back to mundane CBC shows...

Anyhow, enough bitchin'! SO, I was tuning into the tv and i saw a couple of Canadian celebrities talking about how awful 2017 was for everyone, it was a "horrible year", they said. I don't share that view. Sure I've had some awful events in my life, but I get on with it, I don't dwell on the negativity like that.
Sure Trumps president, sure people arn't happy with Trudeau. Sure North Korea's being belligerent, sure there's still awful things happening on the planet.
But get on with it, get over it, if you want 2017 to be a great year, then make it a great year. You're in the driver's seat. Make it a great year by your own power, by yourself, for yourself or for you and your loved ones. Let go of the hate and the sadness and realize that you're alive and have a roof over your head, you've got power (electrical) if you're reading. Be happy to be alive and "revel in your time" (original 'Blade Runner' quote).
If you want this year and every year to be a great one. Then make it happen. It's up to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment